Page 48 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 48

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I was little bothered this morning when I weighed myself and had gained 0.2 pounds. But, the. I got dressed for church and was able to wear the smallest pair of pants I own which I couldn't button a week or so ago. These are the smallest pants I have had since college.

Also, my blood pressure has always been high - even as a kid. I have never paid attention to the readings from the doc to know how high. But every time it would GE taken they would threaten to put me on BP medication. Today I tested my BP for the first time ever at home and it was 114/67. Heart rate was 68. Both of those are probably my lowest ever. It must be all the eggs and BACON I am eating. Screw CW!

Finally, my wife's BP, which has always been high, is now so low she's going to need to stop taking her medication as she has been getting light headed the last few days.

aktres is offline Senior Member
    Ok this is the thread I was looking for.

Ahem, did not gain one pound over the holidays. Was afraid to look until today, but all was well. I had just come off two wks of mostly successful Whole 30, so my holiday cheats were basically just primal treats anyway. Too much wine, some chocolates, mashed potatoes, a little white rice. Did not touch any wheat. Did not gain an ounce.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    YES! For the first time in I can't remember how long, I did not gain ANY weight over the holidays, whether I count it from 10/31 to 1/6, or just the month of Thanksgiving to Christmas. A few sweets, even one binge, yes, but not enough to make it stick.

And better - I took my children primal, and from the first day they were off grains (they had been having only 1-2 servings/day of soaked, sprouted, or soured whole grains), they started begging for vegetables. By the third day, they were calling salad "Heaven" and having it for lunch & dinner. They fight over the last scoop of brussels sprouts, greens, or squash pudding (not sweetened). And this has been going on for three months now, without sign of abating! (well, they haven't been craving the raw vegetables since it got cold. I haven't, either.)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    That's great about your kids and gives me hope for my daughter who is a very picky eater. My triumph is that since going primal, DH is slowly moving in the primal direction and has enjoyed our primal meals so much he is helping me cook a lot more. Wow! Didn't expect that!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post

And better - I took my children primal, and from the first day they were off grains (they had been having only 1-2 servings/day of soaked, sprouted, or soured whole grains), they started begging for vegetables. By the third day, they were calling salad "Heaven" and having it for lunch & dinner. They fight over the last scoop of brussels sprouts, greens, or squash pudding (not sweetened). And this has been going on for three months now, without sign of abating! (well, they haven't been craving the raw vegetables since it got cold. I haven't, either.)
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    I'm back!

I'm starting over, but I'm back!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm not sure if this is a triumph or what.

but, i'll go over the things in my head. LOL

1. i didn't gain anything over the holidays either, in regards to inches. i thought i had (from all of the sitting in the car), but it turns out that the measurements are the same as when i left. so that's cool.

2. this is the real one that i don't know if it is a triumph.

ever since puberty, i had a little "tummy"--a 'pooch" below my navel. sometimes it went from navel to pubic bone, and sometimes it just went half way. but it was always there, and it always "hung" just a bit. i figured it was the way i was made because, being a teen and having it -- and being a healthy active teen --seemed like it was just part of me. being a triathlete and having it, i just figured, well, there it is. it's just what my body looks like. i always disliked it about myself.

to make it "go away" i had to really, all the time, work hard to 'hold my stomach in.' even when very thin, fit, and lean (as a vegan triathlete), i wouldn't wear a bikini because i was so obsessive about the 'pooch.'

ok, so part of this is about the obsession, which is also handed down from my mother who has the same thing. and is really, really obsessed with it. i remember being 9 or ten and her saying 'hold your stomach in! hold your stomach in!'

so anyway, since being primal, my pooch is *dramatically smaller*. it only goes half way between navel and pubic bone, and it is hardly noticeable at all. it looks. . .well. . .no different than a lot of model's bellies.

my husband noted that not only is the belly drawing in around the rib cage, but between rib cage and pubic bone and going, well, *flat* without any effort on my part! i don't even "hold my stomach in." when i "hold it in" it goes into the cave (as in for nauli), but when i let it out, it doesn't go out past my rib cage.

it will be interesting to see what the continuation will be of this. will the 'pooch' be gone forever?

anyway, it's amazing. was the pooch a grain-based phenomenon?

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I did the Whole30 from November 28-December 27. This was in spite of Christmas, several family get togethers, and my birthday. I lost 6.2 lbs. And more importantly, I haven't had Diet Pepsi since November 27th.

I completed the equivalent of a half marathon on the treadmill on November 30.

I had a polyp free colonoscopy mid December. My last colonoscopy in 2007 showed one polyp. My aunt died 5 years ago from colon cancer.
    yay! Just had to say it...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I have big pooch issues, and it's totally related to whether I've snuck a bit of grain or sugar or exceeded a certain amount of carbs for me. It starts by rounding my whole abdominal area, and over 3-4 days, the top deflates, then the middle, then the lower abdominal area. It's definitely carbs for me.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    I finally have my toes trained to get into their own pockets in my VFFs! Makes putting them on MUCH easier.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    well, it just never occurred to me, since eating grains is just a part of life -- or was until recently. so, what i thought was normal wasn't normal, which is a mind shift.