Page 45 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph!

Shop Now
    What a wonderful thread! My minor triumph is embarassing, but its also a start, and still a triumph! I swung up in the saddle, settled my seat and my stomach wasn't hitting the saddle horn.

One step, then the next...

I hit my deadlift goal for the year!!!
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Hello everyone! First real post here -- besides a quick thank you note to Mark. I started PB July 20th, as a recovering 47 year-old male, vegetarian for 17 years, fat, and with the muscular system of a mollusc.

My little triumphs:

1) I wanted so hard to prove PB lifestyle would help my health (high blood pressure, gastric reflux, prostate problems, muscular atrophy). My blood pressure is now below 120/80. Reflux disappeared almost immediately, prostate behaves pretty normally (with the help of Vitamin D and saw palmetto). I can now do sprints like a teenager. DONE.

2) In July, I decided to do something I had never ever done: ONE pull-up. In fact, when I started trying in July I wasn't even able to do a reverse pull-up: I would just fall as soon as my feet left the chair. I'm now able to do 3 in a row. DONE. And sooooooo proud of it :-)

3) I wanted to lose weight and maybe, MAYBE go from 187lbs to 180lbs, something I would have considered as a miracle. I'm now at 160lbs. DONE.

I started PB thinking that it could maybe work for others but not for me. Today I just know it's going to be my lifestyle for a looong, long time :-)

Once again, thank you, Mark, for changing my life. And thank you all on the forum for your help!

I lost 12lbs since I started PB in May and have great Biceps~! I don't know what my weight goal is but I know what I want to look like (Batty, Primal Jane, Athena to name a few). I feel like if I push a little harder, less of the 20%, adding another workout a week, I could totally reach that goal next year before my 1yr anniversary of being PB.

I've lost 15 pounds in the past 4 weeks! It may seem like a lot but I have much to lose. Plus, I know I'll slow down a bit over the next few months. Either way, I'm eating and feeling better. Tonight I made homemade parsnip and beet chips in coconut oil. Better than potato chips if you ask me!

I'm so excited! I might have lost enough visibly such that my friend actually started to eat the way i do too! =) I gave her the link to MDA, and she might be coming on to the forums soon.
    Started PB 18 July 2010

-18.5 lb/ 8.4 kg as of 20 Dec 2010

Goal: to lose lose all my belly fat!

134.9/116.4/no goal weight, just visible abs!

going Primal works! ~~

Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    Hello everyone! First real post here -- besides a quick thank you note to Mark. I started PB July 20th, as a recovering 47 year-old male, vegetarian for 17 years, fat, and with the muscular system of a mollusc.

My little triumphs:

1) I wanted so hard to prove PB lifestyle would help my health (high blood pressure, gastric reflux, prostate problems, muscular atrophy). My blood pressure is now below 120/80. Reflux disappeared almost immediately, prostate behaves pretty normally (with the help of Vitamin D and saw palmetto). I can now do sprints like a teenager. DONE.

2) In July, I decided to do something I had never ever done: ONE pull-up. In fact, when I started trying in July I wasn't even able to do a reverse pull-up: I would just fall as soon as my feet left the chair. I'm now able to do 3 in a row. DONE. And sooooooo proud of it :-)

3) I wanted to lose weight and maybe, MAYBE go from 187lbs to 180lbs, something I would have considered as a miracle. I'm now at 160lbs. DONE.

I started PB thinking that it could maybe work for others but not for me. Today I just know it's going to be my lifestyle for a looong, long time :-)

Once again, thank you, Mark, for changing my life. And thank you all on the forum for your help!

That's awesome, JLM. Good for you - you're an inspiration!

Thank you Sigi!

My wife happened to roll over and put her hand on my chest this morning.
    She said, "Ooooh! I like this. Keep doing this!" in reference to losing weight and gaining/uncovering (omg!) pecs.
    That's had me grinning all morning!

Shop Now
    @JLM:
    You will find the following blog inspiring and informative.
    It's two 40+ guys from Canada who have transformed themselves with Primal/Paleo. They both look like completely different people.

http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot....ey-victor.html
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates