Page 45 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 45

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What a wonderful thread! My minor triumph is embarassing, but its also a start, and still a triumph! I swung up in the saddle, settled my seat and my stomach wasn't hitting the saddle horn.

One step, then the next...

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I hit my deadlift goal for the year!!!
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

JLM
    JLM is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone! First real post here -- besides a quick thank you note to Mark. I started PB July 20th, as a recovering 47 year-old male, vegetarian for 17 years, fat, and with the muscular system of a mollusc.

My little triumphs:

1) I wanted so hard to prove PB lifestyle would help my health (high blood pressure, gastric reflux, prostate problems, muscular atrophy). My blood pressure is now below 120/80. Reflux disappeared almost immediately, prostate behaves pretty normally (with the help of Vitamin D and saw palmetto). I can now do sprints like a teenager. DONE.

2) In July, I decided to do something I had never ever done: ONE pull-up. In fact, when I started trying in July I wasn't even able to do a reverse pull-up: I would just fall as soon as my feet left the chair. I'm now able to do 3 in a row. DONE. And sooooooo proud of it :-)

3) I wanted to lose weight and maybe, MAYBE go from 187lbs to 180lbs, something I would have considered as a miracle. I'm now at 160lbs. DONE.

I started PB thinking that it could maybe work for others but not for me. Today I just know it's going to be my lifestyle for a looong, long time :-)

Once again, thank you, Mark, for changing my life. And thank you all on the forum for your help!

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I lost 12lbs since I started PB in May and have great Biceps~! I don't know what my weight goal is but I know what I want to look like (Batty, Primal Jane, Athena to name a few). I feel like if I push a little harder, less of the 20%, adding another workout a week, I could totally reach that goal next year before my 1yr anniversary of being PB.

Lina is offline Member
    I've lost 15 pounds in the past 4 weeks! It may seem like a lot but I have much to lose. Plus, I know I'll slow down a bit over the next few months. Either way, I'm eating and feeling better. Tonight I made homemade parsnip and beet chips in coconut oil. Better than potato chips if you ask me!

app1eg is offline Junior Member
    I'm so excited! I might have lost enough visibly such that my friend actually started to eat the way i do too! =) I gave her the link to MDA, and she might be coming on to the forums soon.
    Started PB 18 July 2010

-18.5 lb/ 8.4 kg as of 20 Dec 2010

Goal: to lose lose all my belly fat!

134.9/116.4/no goal weight, just visible abs!

going Primal works! ~~

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JLM View Post
    Hello everyone! First real post here -- besides a quick thank you note to Mark. I started PB July 20th, as a recovering 47 year-old male, vegetarian for 17 years, fat, and with the muscular system of a mollusc.

My little triumphs:

1) I wanted so hard to prove PB lifestyle would help my health (high blood pressure, gastric reflux, prostate problems, muscular atrophy). My blood pressure is now below 120/80. Reflux disappeared almost immediately, prostate behaves pretty normally (with the help of Vitamin D and saw palmetto). I can now do sprints like a teenager. DONE.

2) In July, I decided to do something I had never ever done: ONE pull-up. In fact, when I started trying in July I wasn't even able to do a reverse pull-up: I would just fall as soon as my feet left the chair. I'm now able to do 3 in a row. DONE. And sooooooo proud of it :-)

3) I wanted to lose weight and maybe, MAYBE go from 187lbs to 180lbs, something I would have considered as a miracle. I'm now at 160lbs. DONE.

I started PB thinking that it could maybe work for others but not for me. Today I just know it's going to be my lifestyle for a looong, long time :-)

Once again, thank you, Mark, for changing my life. And thank you all on the forum for your help!

That's awesome, JLM. Good for you - you're an inspiration!

JLM
    JLM is offline Junior Member
    Thank you Sigi!

carlh is offline Senior Member
    My wife happened to roll over and put her hand on my chest this morning.
    She said, "Ooooh! I like this. Keep doing this!" in reference to losing weight and gaining/uncovering (omg!) pecs.
    That's had me grinning all morning!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    @JLM:
    You will find the following blog inspiring and informative.
    It's two 40+ guys from Canada who have transformed themselves with Primal/Paleo. They both look like completely different people.

http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot....ey-victor.html
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates