Page 41 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 41

RaeSuzanne is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Was desperately looking for something nice to wear to go out to dinner last week. I happened to find a skirt with the tags still on - something that was too small when I bought it, but a good bargain.

I think it has been in my closet for 3 years, but had never been able to wear it Well, just for fun I tried it on.... and IT FIT!

I snipped off the tags, paired it with a pair of heels and felt great all evening!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Today I wore a "new" outfit - that is, a shirt that has always been too tight since I optimistically bought it two years ago (and never yet worn), and a pair of pants (the smallest in my closet) which again hadn't seen daylight for a couple of years. They fit perfectly, I wore them to an important client lunch, and damn I felt good!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Last week, we had a highly unusual cold snap for this side of the Cascades. It was 17 degrees Fahrenheit, and the driver's side door of my car was frozen shut. But I could open the front passenger door. I was able to get in and wiggle across (bucket seats, over and beyond gear shift) and get my legs unfolded easily. I sat behind the wheel for a minute and reflected on how much my life has changed since getting off the grains (and also getting the rods in my back removed). I remember a time not so long ago, where it was very painful (and took a long time) to even put my socks on.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

girl scout is offline Senior Member
    I put on a pair of pants that i haven't been able to wear since 2006, and they fit like a glove!!!!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i just started a few exercises maybe a week ago, and i've already lost 2 inches off my waist!

Having regained medical insurance after a gap of a few years this april, I went in for a checkup.
    New Bloodwork last week, and meeting with the doctor this week went well.
    -----------------
    What I learned at the Doctor's visit

I officially weighed in at 203lbs with clothes on, wallet and keys
    still in my pocket. Heh. That's down some 20+ lbs since April.

My new BP of record is 125/70, down from 150/92 in April.
    He deleted Prehypertension out of my medical profile, and said
    "you are doing great. What you are doing is obviously working for you, keep doing it."

He had complimentary things to say about my general fitness, and
    indicated that I was looking generally better.
    My lungs were clean and clear of all noises, and he did not even
    bother having me cough. No signs of my historical, childhood asthma
    were present.

He was conversational and wanted to actually discuss what i was doing
    with diet and exercise. I was pleasantly surprised. We discussed my
    weight history in greater depth, and it was nice to have him be all
    impressed...

Adam

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Double triumph! Improving health and listening doctor.

jandge is offline Senior Member
    BG reading before bed tonight was 91! Was diagnosed with diabetes on Oct 15 with two fasting BGs of 235 and then 129 (within a month of each other). Didn't see anything higher than 114 today, which was one hour after eating. This is amazing to me.

EDIT DEC 6th: woke up w/81, officially shocked now.
    Last edited by jandge; 12-06-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    I started working my way toward primal the week before Thanksgiving and I'm still going strong. I think that's a triumph. I have not been tempted by much of anything and actually find my cravings for many of my former indulgences are lessened greatly (wine, coffee, chocolate). My pants feel looser, my bra had to be adjusted a notch or two, my fibro pain is greatly lessened. I'm sleeping better. I'm looking forward to my paleo meals.

I had a great paleo lunch yesterday: roast beast browned in bacon grease then slow roasted, sauteed spinach, sauteed mushrooms, and sweet potato. I'm now really motivated to make a really nice primal Christmas meal.

ritz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    I started working my way toward primal the week before Thanksgiving and I'm still going strong. I think that's a triumph. I have not been tempted by much of anything and actually find my cravings for many of my former indulgences are lessened greatly (wine, coffee, chocolate). My pants feel looser, my bra had to be adjusted a notch or two, my fibro pain is greatly lessened. I'm sleeping better. I'm looking forward to my paleo meals.
    I've been primal for about the same amount of time and am having a very similar experience! I have already lost a few pounds (and an entire inch off my waist!) and am feeling the difference in the way my jeans fit. I look forward to cooking and feel satisfied after eating. I love that I've not eaten anything out of a box (unless you count the frozen beef patties!) since going primal. I'm not groggy in the morning and I don't feel like nodding off all afternoon.

I'm getting so many great ideas from this forum - especially when it comes to feeding my family (husband is also eating primal but hasn't done the research - he just eats what I give him and listens to me ramble about why i support this way of eating; I also have a toddler who luckily is still young enough not to be bothered by an absence of grains in her meals - of course she gets them at daycare so I can't control everything).

Reading the success stories of everyone here is unbelievably motivating!