Page 4 of 189 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 4

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

Griff, that's incredible! Very happy news and keep it up!

I'm just about ready to shed my 40/32 for 38/32! (My eventual goal being 30/32) I've been primal since August.

runswithbuffalo is offline Junior Member

Wow, this is very inspirational..........will keep on my 30 days!!!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

That's amazing Griff. Wait until you get to a 34 inch waist. I can picture you celebrating.

My achievements have been: getting rid of carb cravings, not using aspartame, not consuming carby diary and, lately, not drinking beer. A couple of years ago I would have laughed at anyone suggesting me doing any of the above.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Grokista Guest

I have been eating primally for the past few weeks, for both weight loss and mood/energy stability. I'm a college student, so I do the best I can, eat lots of chicken breast, hard boiled eggs, canned fish, and salad. I also tend to be a stress binger, and with finals coming on I just feel liking stuffing my face all the time.

Here is the triumph: Yesterday, I felt super bingey so I went to my room and comped on some (non-primal) gum (like 15 pieces). Today, my friends dragged me to "4th meal" at our cafeteria. So many cookies and brownies, pizzas, ice cream sunday bar... but I only got a salad! and ate some cheese of my friend's pizza. This may not seem like a triumph at all, but to me this is huge. (Although if just looking at junk food triggers an insulin spike, I'm screwed!)

Sorry this post is so long, I really just needed to tell people that might understand.

Tangential question: how non-primal is seltzer water?

Griff is offline Senior Member

Congratulations to everyone in this thread. Remember that every accomplishment, even if it looks small to you, is probably huge to others. Those of you who have to deal with binge eating or carb cravings, I salute you for doing the hard work of resisting it. For those of you who have seen little changes, remember how much work those changes indicate. I'm so glad this thread has taken off; I hope people keep adding to it and keeping it alive.

(SerialSinner: I doubt I'll ever be in a 34 waist, but hey, a guy can dream, right? Right now a 44 would be awesome - but we'll see!)

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Oh you will. Once you go Grok, you can never go bock.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

shopping for jeans today- need to get 1 size smaller as the but and waist are starting to get too loose! So this is officially reaching my goal- back exactly in the avatarpic weight ))))

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

PrimalK is offline Junior Member

As I was going to sleep last night and my mind was wandering, I tried to visualise what my weight loss looked like in packs of butter, which come in half pound packs here (or 250g). As I've now lost 35 pounds (I have no idea how the weight I've lost recently happened, btw, I've been so inactive due to my back), that's 70 packs of butter!!

That's a real boost. Standing on a scale gives you a number, but it doesn't give you a real sense of the actual feel of the weight lost, if you see what I mean. I'm sure the actual mass of 70 packs of butter doesn't translate to the mass lost from my body, but if I tried to pick up 70 packs of butter, that would be a tough call with my back in its semi-healed state!

Or I guess that I could visualise what it feels like bench pressing that weight using dumbells (always harder than a barbell, in my experience). It's not loads, but going to failure still hurts!

Anyway, it made me go to sleep with a smile on my face!

Vick is offline Senior Member

The main motivator for me to start this life style was to get my blood pressure down without meds. In 5 months, my systolic has dropped from Severe Stage 3 to Moderate stage 2.

My diastolic has dropped from very severe stage 4 to mild stage 1.

No meds... no doctor. I still plan on seeing my Doc in January so I can have some blood work done.

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This is always my favorite kind of thread - I love to hear how great everyone is doing!

My good news: 2 weeks ago I bought a nice pair of jeans to wear on Thanksgiving - two sizes smaller than the last time I bought jeans. They fit well at the store. Now if that wasn't good enough, when I put them on last Thurs they were loose - even after going through the wash & dry. Yea!

Page 4 of 189 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast