Page 38 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 38

doitforlove is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Yeah, primal is downright crazy when you stop to think about it. Then after a while it's more like "this makes perfect sense, why didn't I think about it before?"

Like, I wish as a teenager obsessed with nature shows I had stopped to think "Hey! these animals are eating their natural diet, why am I eating a frozen dinner/bag of chips/can of soda/pint of ice cream..." etc... I NEVER stopped to think about it...
    Definitely. I'm happy that I mad this obvious realization (thanks to MDA!) when I was 19. At the rate I was going in terms of my weight gain I was going to be severely obese with a ridiculous amount of health problems (namely diabetes). I figured that it was just the hand I was dealt. I'm happy I realized that losing weight and being healthy are actually ridiculously easy. Not to mention that now that I've elminated carbs I have wayyy more energy to exercise... so instead of the vicious cycle of cookies -> tired -> lazy -> weight gain -> sad -> cookies etc. It's totally changed to considerably more healthier cycle of eating primally -> energy -> weight loss -> happiness -> eating primally.

Who would have thought that people can stick with something that actually WORKS... I've been telling everyone I know about MDA. My mom has even gotten on board and is trying it... and I never would have pegged my Italian chef of a mom to be willing to let go of the pasta and italian bread!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Out of what otherwise has been a shitty day, I did my training this afternoon and plyometric pushups were part of the program. (Well, I chose them from a list of potential exercises... ) I've not done plyo pushups in a few months, and my best efforts then only gave a couple inches' hand clearance.

Lo and behold, I rip off ten clapping pushups. On grass... and it rained a couple hours before I was on the field. Not consecutive -- they went 5-3-2 and I only stopped to reset my hands -- but hey, count me surprised. I'd not done a legitimate clap pushup... ever... at least to my memory.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

katzilla is offline Senior Member
    I just bought a pair of pants a week ago, and I already desperately need a belt for them. A happy waste of money!
    5 foot 5 female.
    Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
    Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
    Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
    "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
    I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I've noticed I can think clearer at work, and churn out my product a lot quicker than most here. It's just that clarity that PB brings. I can multitask even easier than I could and when I want to focus, it's a fine, narrow beam. Sometimes too narrow, heh.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jandge is offline Senior Member
    I am (was?) a severe emotional eater since childhood. There's been a lot of stress flying around the house for awhile and instead of eating a ton of cookies or chips or crackers, I rolled a slice of deli meat and cheese together. The emotional responses that kept telling me to "eat! eat! eat!" went away after eating half of the snack - which has never ever happened before during emotional eating. Usually the voice tells me to find something else to eat if I'd finished a container of carby stuff.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I aaaaalmost have a handstand folks.

I kicked up to one yesterday and to my surprise I did NOT hit the wall, meaning I'm learning how much force I need to kick up to one, before I knew it I was holding it on my own, it was only when I realized this that I lost the tension in my body and got too excited and fell down. I'm going to keep at it until I can hold it for long and longer. Just wanted to share.

Congrats to everyone else! I agree on the clarity thing, that was one of the first things I noticed on PB. Coming into work I'm taking the stairs three at a time and people are looking at me like "what are you so excited about?" as they sip coffee for a few hours before they can be functional. No diss on coffee, I drink it too, but never at work, I only have one when I wake out of habit.

Atouk is offline Junior Member
    Getting up from an armchair without the chair getting up with me. Being able to fit between the mirrors on 2 closely parked cars. Buying clothes off the rack in a store not labeled "Big & Tall". Not having to pay extra $$$ for the larger sizes. Being able to put down the armrest in my truck. Seeing all that space between me and the steering wheel. Seeing my feet when I look down. I could go on and on. It sucks to be 420+ lbs. and it's nice to be 270 lbs. I'm more than half way to my goal. Primal rocks! Yeah!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 420 lbs. / 52.5
    Current Weight/BMI: 235 lbs. / 29.4
    Goal Weight/BMI: 195 lbs./ 24.4
    Starting A1C: > 8
    Current A1C: 3.9
    Starting Total Cholesterol: 124
    Current Total Cholesterol: 106

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atouk View Post
    Getting up from an armchair without the chair getting up with me. Being able to fit between the mirrors on 2 closely parked cars. Buying clothes off the rack in a store not labeled "Big & Tall". Not having to pay extra $$$ for the larger sizes. Being able to put down the armrest in my truck. Seeing all that space between me and the steering wheel. Seeing my feet when I look down. I could go on and on. It sucks to be 420+ lbs. and it's nice to be 270 lbs. I'm more than half way to my goal. Primal rocks! Yeah!
    Did you lose all the weight with the PB? Great work! you know I guess one really has no idea what bigger people go through or have to deal with. Great progress though and I wish you continued success.

Atouk is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Did you lose all the weight with the PB? Great work! you know I guess one really has no idea what bigger people go through or have to deal with. Great progress though and I wish you continued success.
    Thanks. I took a lot of those things for granted until I gained 200+ lbs. I started as just low carb to control my blood sugar, then early 2010 I started getting more primal. I stick with natural whole foods now and it works wonders for both my weight and blood sugars. I forgot to add that I'm no longer the fattest person at work anymore. Whoohoo!
    Last edited by Atouk; 11-10-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Starting Weight/BMI: 420 lbs. / 52.5
    Current Weight/BMI: 235 lbs. / 29.4
    Goal Weight/BMI: 195 lbs./ 24.4
    Starting A1C: > 8
    Current A1C: 3.9
    Starting Total Cholesterol: 124
    Current Total Cholesterol: 106

redtoycar is offline Member
    Atouk, your story makes me smile.