Page 34 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 34

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Bwahaha sorry.

*visions of incredible Hulk*

(in a flattering, non offensive, no-I'm-not-calling-you-green kinda way)

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Hm - did someone forget to mention a side-effect of those green smoothies?

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    now now..... don't get angry.....

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    Just got a new pair of size 40 jeans at Target... I haven't been able to buy pants at target for like 11 years haha! 6 inches off the waist in 5 months ain't bad...

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    I've lost 40 lbs in 4.5 months. People don't really notice it. They think I got my hair cut or something. But I can tell my body is changing. I think 40 lbs is a lot of weight and I'm very proud of it.
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I just came back from playing tennis with two of my kids and my husband. Haven't played tennis in 30 years! Had a ton of fun. Then, as we left the park, I got across the monkey bars on the first try (NEVER done that before!) and managed to do one head over heels over a bar.

Fresh air, family, and a lot of PLAY. This is a triumph in my way of being. Why on earth did I ever let myself become a boring adult who never played?
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

AuntPol is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Feanor, Dyktynna, and Liz!

I started making primal changes on 9-7 (after labor day) and went officially primal on 9-22. In less than a month, I have dropped 10 pounds and 2 dress sizes. I have been stuck at 153 a week but have lost inches. Last time I was at 153, I was a size 12 but now I'm a size 10.

Last night, as we were fixing our dinner plates, my son put his plastic plate on top of the hot stove and it melted. It stank and I knew from experience it was going to be a pain to clean up. Normally, I would have snapped but it didn't even phase me. I just said "Accidents happen. It's happened to me in the past. Now you know better." I am utterly amazed at how much food can affect mood.

PhDenial is offline Member
    Great work Griff! Thanks for starting this post.

I can see the crest of my ribs without sucking in my belly!

Went from size 12-14 to 10. Now size 10 is a bit too big.

I also managed to eat just ONE french fry the other day from my friend's plate. I was underwhelmed.

No more carb binges, no more hunger, no deprivation.

I said that I'd try the paleo thing for 30 days. Now I can't imagine eating any other way.

twoidhd is offline Member
    This morning was the first cold snap of the year and holy sh*t! I don't have any winter clothes. Had to make a Wal-Mart run (I know, but I'm poor) to get some sweats and long sleeve t-shirts. Both were size XL instead of the 3XL I was wearing last winter. I put on one of the t-shirts and almost couldn't believe that was me wearing it.

twoidhd

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twoidhd View Post
    This morning was the first cold snap of the year and holy sh*t! I don't have any winter clothes. Had to make a Wal-Mart run (I know, but I'm poor) to get some sweats and long sleeve t-shirts. Both were size XL instead of the 3XL I was wearing last winter. I put on one of the t-shirts and almost couldn't believe that was me wearing it.

twoidhd
    Nice! It can be quite disorientating, can't it? I really need new jeans, so I go through the options in the shop, grab a few in my size, head to the changing rooms, and watch them fall straight off. Ah, yes. I'd rather forgotten that 'my size' isn't my size any more.