Page 3 of 189 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 3

Annika is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I didn't have a lot of weight to lose, but after losing ~10 pounds, I like looking at my butt in the mirror! Those last 10 pounds can make a huge difference. I feel like I almost have a brand new body.

My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member

I have found that even though I cook incredibly good desserts for my hubby (who won't stop asking for them), I don't have to eat a single bite of them. In the two weeks since I started eating primally, I've made sticky buns, apple pie, etc., and I don't eat them. It appears that if I don't eat the junky carbs, I have a much better time resisting them. I allowed myself to eat some treats on Thanksgiving day, but other than that, not a bite.

So far this is the only thing that I feel good about, because in these two weeks, I have not lost a single pound, and I'm rather pissed off about it, lol. I'm patiently waiting to be one of those who chimes in with "my pants are falling off! I need smaller sizes!"

kongluirong is offline Junior Member

This is great reading everyone's successes. Today I walked farther than I have walked in a while. It felt good. I really miss walking everywhere.

Better Each Day Guest

Today I completed my first day as Primal. That alone feels awesome. No more quick fixes for me Just a new way of thinking and a new found confidence in myself.

Congrats griff and everyone else. Like you Annika, I know 10 pounds doesn't seem like alot, but it can make the world of a difference on your figure and your Butt I hope that soon enough i will be able to stare at my butt in the mirror a little more often too.

Well done PBers

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Sounds like everyone is doing so well. Good triumphs all around!

I bought some jeans the other day and the 7/8 was a little loose, but I figured I'd better not go for the next smaller size since I'm gonna balloon pretty soon. haha.

Really can't celebrate the 3 pounds I've lost in the last couple weeks either... since that's a morning sickness thing and not a Primal amazingness thing.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

frygyz Guest

Griff, first congratulations on your achievement. It is people like you who continue to inspire the rest of us. I too am making progress, I am down two pant sizes and am always looking to this website for recipes and support.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

been primal for years, but since ive gone carnivore a few months ago ive finally been able to drop the last pescy pounds between me n my sixpack

its been drawing out more n more over past 2 weeks but this morning it was like- hello lover

and the fun part is- no starving, no cravings and best shape ive ever been in.

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

mstrudle is offline Member

I was at a banquet for my cross country running team last night and, in addition to the healthy salads and meats available, there was a significant amount of junk food: cookies, brownies, et cetera.

While I was sitting in my seat eating all the primal foods that were there, I decided that I would "reward" myself for my dedication during the season by eating a few cookies. I began mentally picturing myself eating one, the delicious flavor and wonderful texture, but then I arrived at a different conclusion: I would get an uncomfortable sugar high, feel bad, and not be that satisfied anyway.

So, I abstained from the cookies and brownies, and went home and ate some curry I had put in the crock pot earlier that day. Best decision ever.

hakman73 Guest

Well.. My weight was 235 lb last Christmas. Went primal in July. As of today I'm down by 63 lb at 170 total.

I might get as far by Christmas as you are, Eva

Last-ditch effort left.

By the way - before going primal I had my weight-loss goal for 2009 at 200lb. Beat that one by over a half!

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

CONGRATS GRIFF!!!

I went and bought new work clothes over the holiday for the job I started right when I found MDA:

Originally bought regular dress shirts with a 19 inch neck and barely fit into them. Had to buy pants that were 40 or 42's (depending on brand).

I ended up getting fitted shirts with a 17 inch neck (the only way I could find ones that fit my neck and I didn't swim in). Pants are now down to a 34, but I have to buy 36's until I find a brand that fits my thighs (which have become much larger/more muscular since I started Tai Chi).

Congrats again! Keep up the good work!

Page 3 of 189 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast