Page 26 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 26

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Whoooo-hooo, Barb and Mel!

maddie427 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    I am a 53 year old woman. I am basically lazy which is why I love primal fitness rules. I work out as little as possible.

Just for the hell of it I decided to try this "simplefit" routine. I have never been able to do chin ups, but I did three sets of 3!!!! REAL chin ups where I go down and pull my body all the way up. I have also never been able to do real push ups and I just knocked out 2 sets of 6. May not sound like much for those crossfit types among us, but for an old ish lady, hey I was screaming in delight. I felt like I turned the clock back a couple decades.
    Barb- Congrats! That is fantastic. I do CrossFit and the bodyweight exercises that you are doing are no joke. Keep up the great work!

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    I ride a Triumph, but these triumphs are really cool too! I've got one: I fly quite a bit. Today while going through the security checkpoint, the TSA agent (don't even get me started on them) looked at my driver's license, looked at me, looked back at the license and then asked, "have you lost weight?" Haha, I've only lost about 12-15 pounds, but I really show weight in my face. I've got another 10 pounds to go to hit my ideal BMI, but this was a nice little boost - even from a TSA agent.

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Made ya feel good, I'm sure!

rucker_z is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HBarrett View Post
    Anybody else have success with migraine reduction?
    YES! I've been getting one migraine a month for the last two years, with my cycle. I've been primal for 3 months and this month was the first time my period came and went with no headache! They were incapacitating, and now I'm free of them. It is such a wonderful feeling.

Congratulations to you on conquering those awful headaches. I don't know how you managed all those years with all that pain. I don't know you, but I'm very happy for you.

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    After experiencing a brief stall-out in weight loss, I'm dropping again... Now down to 292 (I've lost 44 lbs. total since the beginning of May)!

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    I'm finally at a normal weight for my height! When you read that X per cent of people are overweight, they will not be talking about me any more. I'm no longer a statistic.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    I started getting more into weightlifting a few weeks ago and have been going to the gym 3 times a week every week for about 5 weeks now.

I was lifting last week and some guy came up to me and asked me if I was training for something; he thought that I was a UFC fighter!

Yesterday, it felt good hearing a good friend compliment me that I am developing a six pack and it is becoming visible. I have never heard that before in my life!
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I parked in regular parking, not handicapped, today.

Such a badass, I am.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What a fantastic thread. I love reading everyone's triumphs.

Today I broke the 170 plateau. Not much, but not nuthin'.