Page 24 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 24

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by lecz0r View Post
    All of my vegetarian friends now know that I eat cows and pigs.
    That is awesomeness.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Canarygirl View Post
    Naiadknight, this is really interesting! What do you think caused the appearance of your under-eyes to change?
    In my case it was probably wheat allergy. I used to have black bags every day and they never went away until I cut out the grains entirely.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I think it's a combination of a wheat sensitivity (similar to what Griff mentioned) and puffiness caused by excess sugar in the diet, Canarygirl.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    So, all my home-boys just got back from Afghanistan (I redeployed a few months early for a new assignment). We had the traditional backyard barbeque at my buddy's house, and when I showed up, all I got were compliments. 30 pounds later, and could tell be the looks on their faces that I looked like a new man. I feel great!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    After 6+ months I FINALLY nailed good form on squats and managed to go ATG, this while hitting a new PR.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

HBarrett is offline Member
    Started Primal about 6 weeks ago, fell off the program with bread for about 5 days 2 weeks ago, then resumed. Yesterday I had what felt like an awful die-off or maybe lo-carb flu (fine today). But here's the thing: I have not had any kind of headache for 72 hours -- this is AMAZING to me! I've been a migraineur for 46 years, though after menopause the headaches became much milder and more frequent. I cannot remember the last time I went 3 days with no headache at all. I am so hopeful that eating Primal, especially getting off grains, will help me. I'd gone gluten-free several times before but never with this kind of result. I suspect my gut is finally healing so now can produce the chemicals my brain needs to keep calm. Anybody else have success with migraine reduction?

Selah is offline Senior Member
    whoop whoop! there are some great victories here.
    I wanted to share my latest and greatist. I have never, yes thats right, never owned a pair of white pants. Well, yesterday I went and bought a pair of white pants and thats not all, they are size 6 petite! Makes my heart flutter just typing that out. I know, I know.......don't get caught up in the numbers.
    But dang, it feels great.......doing the happy dance in my chair now!!!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Dark circles under the eyes often indicates a wheat allergy.
    Pink under the eyes or at the rims of the eyes are a dairy allergy.

Years ago, an old healer-type woman saw me walk into her shop and, from across the room, she said to me: "Do you know you are allergic to wheat?"

My latest triumph:
    My physical therapist and trainer are both working me over hard. And my back neither hurts nor spasms.

HBarrett:
    Great news about the migraines!

Selah:
    Wow, woman! 6P?!?! Surreal, huh?

I love this thread.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 07-19-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Mel
    Mel is offline Member
    I stopped counting/tracking my calories about a month ago and I'm just listening to what my body needs. It feels amazing!

But what feels even better if finally being freed from that damn scale. I was weighing myself every day and I would then base my self-worth on what it said. +0.2lbs and I was down all day.... I've lost 24lbs, why the hell should I be down about 0.2lbs? that's crazy! So.....we are moving on August 5th and 2 weeks ago, I put the scale in a box. What I'm really proud about is for not cheating! I know what box it's in and I haven't taken it out....I also have a gym where I work and they have scales - I haven't even been tempted to step on.

I'm going to reveal my true inner geek here, but I feel like jumping around like Gollum in Lord of the Rings when he's dancing about and yells...... Smeagol is FREE!!!!!
    A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    On the 2nd of July 2009 I decided I needed to do something about my increasing weight and waist size (32.5 inches then). I weighed 59.9 kg, and I set my goal weight to be 55kg (5'3" height). Weekly weigh ins saw me in October 2009 at my heaviest of 60.6kg.

Today I weighed in at 54.7kg (120lbs) - BELOW my goal weight. I checked my waist the other night and it was 29 inches.