Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 2

Geoff is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Griff - Great news! Congratulations.

Since becoming more Primal, the quality of my sleep has improved tremendously. For the first time that I can remember since I was a kid, I am dreaming regularly - or, at the very least, remembering my dreams. My wife notices (and loves) that my snoring has dropped off almost entirely. Better sleep has made a marked positive difference in my life, and I credit PB for it.

GtrBMart is offline Junior Member

Wow Griff! I love reading your journal too because it's always an uplifting read!

Though I have noticed a marked difference in my metabolism, strength, and energy, I'm happiest at the fact that in some of the jeans that used to be the tightest, I have to go 7 notches in on a belt now.

I have to go spend some money soon and get some new clothes!

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

Griff, you're a true inspiration. I always make sure to read your postings, as your wisdom and courage are truly encouraging.

After 3 months of living primally, I've dropped 18 pounds, I'm sleeping way better, my plantar fasciitis is completely gone (Yay!), and my frozen shoulder is slowly becoming normal. For the first time in my life, I feel that I've found a WOE for the rest of my lifetime, rather than just a temporary "diet" that might help me lose a few pounds, but isn't of lasting value. I have a fresh spring in my step, sometimes more energy than I know what to do with, and I truly find myself becoming a new person.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

This is such an inspiring thread!!!

Ok, mine:

1. I'm steadily losing weight. The scale is creeping toward my goal! I'm now 157!!! (Started here at 176!)

2. I did a chin up yesterday! Yes only one, but still this is a major acheivement in my fitness goals!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Baglady is offline Junior Member

WTG Griff........

I have to ditto Sharon all the way so I won't retype the sameo and add that I am no longer on a "diet". I just eat as PB as possible, watch my portions, keep doing my crossfit and running and I know I will keep losing weight. I feel so free now cause I don't log my food anymore and I don't measure (use a HRM)workouts! The inches and pounds just slowly come off now. My new goal is to stop daily weigh ins. Screw it, just live happy and practice healthy living! Can you tell I am feeling a little triumphent!

Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

RogerDeRok is offline Member

That is amazing! I recently downsized to a 34 waist after purposely buying the jeans too small so I'd hope to fit in them soon, but to my surprise they actually ended up fitting already!

Kristen Guest

I'm so trilled for all the people who are reaching their goals! Before I found this site, I just believed that there was nothing to be done about my weight problems.

I just recently had my first boy six months ago. I was looking for a way to change my pattern of poor eating and lifestyle, but didn't know how to be healthy (pathetic, I know!). I did have enough sense to know that diets weren't the way to go. Then one of my primal friends that I had mocked for years (of which I am now ashamed!) persistently sent me a MDA post. I read the post and ordered the book. Before I got pregnant, I was 5'9" and 220lbs. I gained 20lbs from pregnancy (including the baby!) for a very depressing 240lbs. I know I'm nursing and it's probably a little easier for me to lose weight right now, but without doing too much exercise I'm down to 190lbs and counting!! Baglady, I stopped weighing myself before, but now it's a special treat to weigh in, I haven't been this weight in YEARS! I can't believe how easy it is, and I never feel like I'm restricting food (except when I walk past the cake isle in the supermarket!).

bobbylight Guest

Well my pants fit a lot better than they did before. And I look a lot better, and feel a lot better. I think once I get below 250 it will be a big accomplishment. That might take another month or two though.

Acmebike is offline Member

Good work everyone! I've triumphed over sugar, baked goods, and sweets. And it has become permanent. A big triumph! Good thread, G!

syzchan is offline Member

PrimalCon New York

Congrats Griff, after reading your post, I had to read your journal to see the entire process you went through and it's amazing and awesome how far you've come!

I fasted for 22 hours! Before, the longest I had gone was 14 hours and it was tough. That was 3 months ago and only a month into being primal. This time, by the 18th hour, it was starting to get a bit harder, but I was surprised it wasn't worse, especially since on a regular basis, I seem to have a hard time skipping breakfast as it is. I hope to do more 20+ hour fasts in the future.

Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast