Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 188

Erik W is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Just looking at what other people buy in the grocery store makes me proud of myself.

Hot dogs, French fries, ketchup, soda, ice cream, potato chips, white rice, wheat flour, bread bread bread and pasta pasta pasta. Good God, their stomachs must be in constant turmoil.

I am not perfect when it comes to my eating habits, I can buy candy in a moment of weakness, but compared to 95 percent of people out there I am practically a health guru. Comparing what you buy to what other people buy in the store really shows what a step you have taken. Thanks, Mark!

AvatarAbe is offline Junior Member
    Went to an intro CrossFit class on Friday. The scaled down, 10-minute WOD kicked my ass, but I made it through four rounds and a bit into the fifth, and as taxing as it was, all I could think about is how much more difficult it would've been a year ago.

I signed up, so we'll see where this goes!

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Conquered two 5.9 grade runs on my second time out at my new gym. Pretty stoked about that! I want to hit a 5.10a by the end of the month.

WIChuck is offline Member
    While I know the fat percentage scales are pretty much bunk, mine has been consistent, so I figure the calculations have some consistent basis, even if the real percentages are garbage.

When I was 165, it said I was 19.4% fat and it stayed pretty consistent.

A couple months ago, I started a running program (no chronic cardio - 30 mins, 3 days a week) and gained about five pounds. Checked the body fat today and it was 17.2% despite gaining five pounds. Back of the napkin calculation says I lost 3 lbs of fat despite gaining five pounds overall. Visual observations would say that is in the realm of possibility. Lots of lower body muscle gained, especially in the hips and glutes.

Went from painful, exhausting one-minute runs to running 20 minutes without stopping today.

Owen is offline Senior Member
    I'm into my 8th month of a fully primal diet. I've just increased my exercise regime to include a lot more walking and cycling, with some running. I feel as though I have unlimited energy. It's amazing, like being reborn...! The triumph is having this amount of time pass, and still having fantastic new developments. What will another 7 months do...

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Conquered two 5.9 grade runs on my second time out at my new gym. Pretty stoked about that! I want to hit a 5.10a by the end of the month.
    Update for me. I ended up completing a 5.10a about two weeks after that last post. I have been too busy to climb lately though so I definitely have some work to do.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'm having a BBQ today- all primal except I got people buns. And ice cream for the peach crisp. Anyhow, my deviled eggs came out schleppy looking so I put bacon on them. Yeah. I'm not sure many are going to be left for guests.

If all else fails, put a little bacon on it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Went shopping for new pants, and realized I needed a smaller size than I'm used to getting. Size 14 pants are all too big for me. I am officially a 12!

Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Update for me. I ended up completing a 5.10a about two weeks after that last post. I have been too busy to climb lately though so I definitely have some work to do.
    I was at the gym a few days ago and I climbed 3 (I think) 5.10a routes. I finished up with a 5.10bc, a personal best! I'm excited to see what I can do today...
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

MamaGrok is online now Senior Member
    At a karaoke bar, a girl guessed that I was her age (24). She nearly fell over when I told her I have a 15 year old daughter and I'm 37.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey