Page 187 of 189 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 187

Chanda is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I started Primal about a month ago, with a few cheats here and there. Also, I'm not really exercising per se, but I do chase my 14 month old son around, and I work as a CNA on the weekends.

My triumph so far:

I've lost 6 lbs on the scale, and I've gone from wearing an extra large scrub set, to wearing a large scrub set. I hope some day to be able to fit into a small scrub set.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I love this thread!

Well done everyone!

perennialpam is offline Senior Member
    Where are you Griff? Have you ever come back to your journal?

Hope you are doing well.

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Completed a 5x5 of handstand push-ups.

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    I've eaten and lifted my way up to a whopping 152.2 lbs as of this morning. I got on the Tanita scale and it said 13% body fat (I'm more like 15% based on my own far more scientific method of calculating these things). And all my suit pants still fit, it's my shirts that are getting tight (in the neck/shoulders/chest area, not the belly). Nice!

CreativeDad is offline Junior Member
    Primal about 8 weeks now and feeling great. Down about 9# and 2 inches in the waist. But the best news:

Cholesterol: 186
    Triglyceride: 117
    HDL: 59
    Chol., non-HDL: 127
    LDL: 104

Compared to my last physical about 35 months ago:

Cholesterol: 195
    Triglyceride: 185
    HDL: 50
    Chol., non-HDL 145
    LDL 108

Obviously, my 2010 numbers weren't too scary but I was hoping they'd move in the right directions after going Primal. They did and I'm very happy about it! I hadn't realized it'd been so long since my last physical. FYI, I'm 53 and male.

JamesTheIdolStevens is offline Junior Member
    It's now shorts weather in my neck of the woods, and I'm finding that I can comfortably squeeze myself into size 32 shorts.

A year ago I was still wearing size 40s (probably could've gone down to 38), and the summer before that I was only able to fit 42s and 44s.

I discovered that I can do American swings with 18 kg kettlebells now... Me trying Primal more or less coincided with me switching gyms, so I can't tell which is responsible (probably both together). I can't believe how light the 14's are, and those used to be hard. Go me.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    My first triumph:

Cleaning out the closet, and came upon a box of old jeans and such. To my surprise, I was able to squeeze into my Junior's size 3 skinny jeans that I haven't fit into since 18!

I never got rid of all those pants because I thought "someday I'll fit them again..." Of course I never thought that would actually happen, and though I have only lost a few pounds, it seems as though that's all it took to go down a pants size.

Now, to shave the rest of that 'muffin top' off.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    My first triumph:

Cleaning out the closet, and came upon a box of old jeans and such. To my surprise, I was able to squeeze into my Junior's size 3 skinny jeans that I haven't fit into since 18!

I never got rid of all those pants because I thought "someday I'll fit them again..." Of course I never thought that would actually happen, and though I have only lost a few pounds, it seems as though that's all it took to go down a pants size.

Now, to shave the rest of that 'muffin top' off.
    Same thing here! Pulled out the summer clothes to find the ones from last summer too big; BUT, the box containing stuff that "I might one day fit into again" FIT!! Such a great feeling!

2nd triumph.Walked into the gym this morning and lady at front desk said "Pretty soon we won't recognize you with the way you are shrinking" Made my day