Thread: Share a triumph! page 186

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    ... and makes my visit free!
    Great stuff, Liam!!!

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Doctor [after he calcs my BMI]: "You're a little overweight, here's a list of foods you should be eating"
    Me [takes a look at CW nonsense and laughs]: I've been doing pretty much the exact opposite and lost 40kg.
    Doctor [somewhat taken aback]: "Just keep doing whatever you've been doing"
    -------------------------
    Next time visit a different doctor, when discussing my medical history I mention I got gallstones but instead of having my gall bladder removed I opted to treat the cause and lose weight and get healthy instead. Doc say he would never guess from looking at me, asks me how I did it. I explain Paleo to him, and he instead of giving me warnings he gets super enthusiastic about it, asks a bunch of questions, gets me to recommend him Primal blueprint, says how he wants to get his patients into it and makes my visit free!
    That's so great!

I hope that when I go to my doc for my follow-up (after blood work that showed improvement in cholesterol and triglycerides, and other "optimal" blood work results that I didn't have good scores at previously) I will have the same experience of telling him how I've been eating more bacon and eggs in the past 7 months than I have in the past 7 years!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Put my wedding dress on yesterday - after 25 years. Dear God, what a Princess Di monstrosity it was! But it fits - in the waist - chest and shoulders are actually a little big.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Put my wedding dress on yesterday - after 25 years. Dear God, what a Princess Di monstrosity it was! But it fits - in the waist - chest and shoulders are actually a little big.

Sandman is offline Member
    Just under 3-months into PB, most of the clothes in my closet won't fit. I feel like Shrek when I have to cinch my work pants together with my (twice-shortened) belt. It's winter, so I've been able to cover the funny waist-line by wearing a fleece vest most days.

Being a reasonable person, but also somewhat frugal, I don't want to buy new pants because I have a feeling my weight is going to keep dropping for the next few months. I went to a thrift store to see if I could get some inexpensive (but nice) pants this weekend.

One pair that looked good enough to buy, but was a 32" waist (the size I wore when I was 20), I decided to buy for later this summer. Funny thing? They fit perfectly comfortably now.
    My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

WIChuck is offline Member
    Posted a new Facebook profile picture last night. Just taken with my cellphone camera but in good light. A former co-worker replied, "How is it that you look younger than you did when I worked with you 11 years ago?"

She should have seen me a year ago before I changed my diet and exercise program.

Sandman and WIChuck, slimmer and younger! Great stuff.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Skin has cleared a lot (rosacea) and "belly wrinkles" (wrinkles under belly pudge) almost gone
    Last edited by TornadoGirl; 03-16-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

whitewolf is offline Junior Member
    Got myself a pair of jeans few days ago, size 29W. They are a bit tight, but they have 29 printed on them. Actually it is weird, I have weighed less few years ago (about 63kg, that is 4 kg less than today) but never have I had jeans with waist size 29 (oh but I did, in 7th grade!).

Went out Saturday night, put waist belt on my dress. It is one of these wide belts that is meant to be just under breasts, but the thing kept falling off to my waist. When I last wore that belt I was few kg lighter too. I have not changed my fitness regime much ( so this could all be some muscle weight or something). Where is that weight then?

Feel kind of blue this morning(few days back I chatted too much, saying things I should have not, feeling really bad and embarrassed about it). Thought having some candy would cheer me up. Just took 5 pieces, ate one, put other 4 back in the box. Did not liked them much, understood that these were actually the last things that could make me feel better. Small victory at least.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Health screening at work today and cholesterol checked by finger prick. First time my cholesterol has been checked since going primal 7 months ago.

Total = 200; HDL = 80; Triglycerides = <45; LDL = N/A (said if way low it doesn't register). Numbers never been that good!

Lady doing screening told me my numbers are awesome, and my diet must be really good. I told her it is - meat, veggies, and fat! Eat bacon and eggs every day for breakfast. The look on her face was priceless as she put away her "healthy eating" guidelines and said I probably didn't need it.