Page 184 of 189 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 184

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Been back consistent with PB for 7 weeks and size large shirts fit me now! Before PB I never thought I would be back in a large shirt. And it look good on me lol. Almost all of my jeans are a size 38 (US) and "sadly" are now officially way too big. DW and I had a "trying on" party this past weekend trying on some of the clothes in our closet. A new wardrobe is in order for the both of us. DW almost cried when I found a pair of pants she hasn't seen in a while but used to love wearing. Due to the weight loss she couldn't wear them anymore. She put them on and they fit perfect (for now). She was fighting back the tears. I think that was the point she realized she was on the right track. She has completely dropped her pop and junk food. And this is a lady who used to pop open 3-6 cansof Coke daily.

For me now gaining muscle seems a lot easier now than it was when I was doing chronic weight lifting/cardio and eating SAD. Especially my back muscles. Which IMO I think is the sign of physical strength in a man. My face is no longer pudgy looking like is was when I was 265 pounds. I actually notice my cheek bones for the first time I was in the military almost 20 years ago. This is just the beginning and I can't weight to see what six months consistent PB living when bring. I am planning a trip for me and the family this coming March to a water park. I am looking forward to going "topless" while I am there. Something I have been ashamed to do for years. Can't wait. Oh crap gotta go my Brussels sprouts fried in coconut oil are burning.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

TOOMBS is offline Junior Member
    I've lost 11 pounds in a week and a half of going primal and I feel awesome!
    Height 6'5"
    Heaviest weight: 320 lbs
    Starting primal: 275 lbs Oct 1, 2012
    Current weight: 236 lbs Jan 14
    Short term goal: 230 lbs Jan 31
    Long term: 210 by March?

Journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread67022.html

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    I ate one piece of Halloween candy. That's it, just one.
    --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I haven't eaten any Halloween candy because you can't eat just one - most of us anyway! I have Lindt 90% dark chocolate in the pantry if I want it, but haven't had any of that in a few weeks either. I have mostly been enjoying some yummy primal pumpkin muffins!

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    My previous triumph of 1 chin-up has grown to 4 chin-ups, and a wide-grip pull-up @240lb bodyweight!

Heth is offline Member
    I just realised something awesome last night. In my dreams every single night before I was Primal were themes of shame and pain about my body, particularly self loathing about being overweight/obese. I woke up every single morning haunted by these dreams. I now have wonderful dreams! I don't have horrible dreams about being overweight anymore. My dreams are now filled with magical and adventurous events and feelings. There's so many benefits I have received from this lifestyle but this one is so good for my self esteem and well-being. I don't know if it's having lost weight and looking healthier that has made me feel better about myself or if my brain is just getting what it needs and thus functioning better. Whatever it is, I am so grateful for it!
    Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

MN Native is offline Junior Member
    Not to copy Heth, but I just realized something the other morning! I -can- have the body that I want, there is nothing so wrong with me that I just have to settle for good enough. It was a pretty powerful realization! Thank you to everyone who has shared their story. This stuff is for REAL! :-)

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    I was five streets from my house and it started raining. Took off my sandals and sprinted all the way home
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

sed777 is offline Junior Member
    I had an evil b@stard of a co worker bring in a whole blueberry cheesecake and i managed to turn down blueberry cheesecake 2 days in a row!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not only is my gray hair going away, but it is getting thicker again. Not bad for a 54 year old post menopausal woman.

Once again a dark brunette without having to dye it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.