Page 183 of 189 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 183

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    My size 38 jeans are beginning to feel a bit loose. I started out wearing size 44!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 224
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 30.5

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    My husband telling me he is proud of me and can tell a difference.

And my emotional connection to food is changing.
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Reading all of the posts in the "I miss Biscuits, but..." thread, thinking I'd have something to add or say and then thinking "No, I really don't... "

It feels good.

I was telling a friend how I really felt that a big juicy organic Honey Crisp apple was a total treat for me the other day... she thought I was being weird.

ALSO, not feeling compelled to undertake strange 10day zero food other than potatoes crash diet thing because I feel desperate to lose a few more pounds NOW!
    I just don't understand.
    I'm here to be healthy, not find some magic arbitrary number.
    Those threads make me a bit sad.
    Last edited by cori93437; 10-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Me too Cori, me too.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Today I wore a pair of jeans and a shirt that 14yo DD had put into the Goodwill bag because she didn't like how loose they were on her (puberty has been a bit of a roller coaster for her). She informed me that I was too old to wear skinny jeans and an American Eagle polo and rolling up too long skinny jeans was really lame. Too old maybe, but not too big! Not any more!
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    After going primal 5 months ago and consistent weekly weightloss I finally went a week where my weight remained unchanged -- at least 45lbs lighter from when I began. I told DW and she said not to be disappointed. I told her let's go to the boardwalk tonight and I'm going to eat everything, pizza, fries, water ice, fudge! -- things I haven't had since I went PB. She said, no, don't give up! I could only laugh, give up?! The very notion of giving up because I didn't lose any weight one week after 5 months of relentless fat loss? LOL. No ma'am, we are going to celebrate.

sidenote: ya know, it feels good to be able to get into the rides with your kid and not worry about the seat belt fitting.

I ate the pizza and the fries and I thought it was enjoyable; but I couldn't stomach the crust -- something I always loved -- and I awoke today to recall that the food wasn't really anything special. I don't miss that food at all. I thought I was supposed to but I don't. As I watched my kid "stab and eat" with glee his carrots, celery and bison over our primal dinner tonight I could see that we are on the right path. grok on.

WIChuck is offline Member
    Wore a pair of 32 waist jeans and realized they were actually a bit loose.

Nice on the day I finally got up the nerve to donate the last of my XL shirts. I do keep one pair of "fat pants" for the before-and after photos.

This is the first time I've been able to wear 32 inch waist pants since I was in middle school. ...and then, they were from the "husky" department.

Oh, and my BP was 112 over 75, down from a frightening high of 157 over 110.

Same here with the blood pressure. 90% less chronic joint pain. More energy. 58 pounds and counting.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Cori, I was tempted to respond to those threads with a: "I don't miss being painfully bloated after eating, and I also don't miss pizza."
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Our Thanksgiving was completely Primal and it was delicious!!!!