Page 181 of 189 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 181

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Lifting my 20KG Kettlebell and realising that this is what I didn't have to carry around every day anymore as I have gone from 100KG to 80KG

This was a proud moment in my life and a big reminder to keep going along this journey.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    those pants i bought last week... too big
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    today i am 3/8" taller.

i never thought that when i measured for my kimono i would ever reuse that mark....

3/8" more and i will be 6 foot even again.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Great job everybody!

My small triumph is that I'm wearing a pink fitted workout shirt that my dad gave me as a birthday present in January of this year. When he gave it to me I was embarrassed to see that it did not fit me at all and I had to put it away. Now -22 lbs later I wore it for my sprints at 6 am this morning.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aix_sponsa View Post
    Great job everybody!

My small triumph is that I'm wearing a pink fitted workout shirt that my dad gave me as a birthday present in January of this year. When he gave it to me I was embarrassed to see that it did not fit me at all and I had to put it away. Now -22 lbs later I wore it for my sprints at 6 am this morning.
    Pics or it didn't happen

Rindy is offline Junior Member
    Okay, first of all, congrats to all of you on your triumphs, it's been wonderul to read about. My triumph is not so much weight related as nutrition/hormone related, but this one is a HUGE deal for me. I have entered menopause early due to a hysterectomy at 37 (I am now 48). Over the past year my hot flushes and night sweats became so bad that I was having them every hour and were causing me no end of grief, to the point where I was waking up drenched 5 to 6 times a night. Well, I have been Primal for only 5 weeks now and the hot flushes etc are almost completely non-existent!!!! I am so chuffed with that, if someone had told me 5 weeks ago that would happen I would never have believed them!! I feel like I am getting my life back, and it feels SOOO GOOD!!!!

Rindy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    After ten years of serious insomnia, for five of those rarely getting above four hours of uninterrupted sleep, doing sleep studies, and trying everything, improvement came with primal, but still woke 2-3 times a night. With retirment I was able to deal with polyphasic sleep, but still felt I wasn't getting adequate rest. Then a bit over two weeks ago I started the Leptin protocol on a whim (still primal diet) of 50g protein breakfast within 30minutes if waking, 2-3 meals, no snacking, no food 4 hours before bed. I have had consistently 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep which is simply wonderful. My energy is so much better. No one who's not struggled with chronic insomnia can appreciate what this sudden sleep correction means to me. A pure triumph via serendipty.
    Digby, that is pretty awesome - would you mind messaging me with a little more info on what you did? I have struggled with my sleep pattern for ages now and can't seem to get it under control - no matter what I do!

That's awesome Rindy!

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    between 10 - 12 pounds lost in my first week... week 2 starts today... and not all water weight, because I was already down about 50 pounds before primal.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat