Page 179 of 189 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 179

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by merryish View Post
    I'm off methotrexate.

I've been on a mix of prednisone, plaquenil and methotrexate for a couple of years now, with no noticeable improvement of my autoimmune issues. I don't like any of it, but I've always hated methotrexate the most for some reason.

I've been eating primal/paleo for 7 months, completely gluten free, about 95% grain free. And at my last appointment, my symptoms were so much improved, my doc said I could stop taking the methotrexate altogether. \o/

I've already tapered prednisone down to a negligible dose (8mg/day), so I feel like I'm on the way to getting my life back.

PLUS: because of the autoimmune issues, I'm supposed to get my bloodwork checked every 6 weeks. It's actually been a couple of months since the last time I did it, because work has been busy busy busy. But this latest check? ALL my inflammation markers are down, across the board. Some of the drops were so sharp that they were flagged, even though they resulted in new numbers firmly in the NORMAL RANGE. My WBC count is within the reference range for the first time in five years.

Not that I had any doubt that this is good for me, but holy crap - this way of life is REALLY FREAKING GOOD for me! =D
    Getting off meds rocks!!!
    I'm staying in ketosis and cutting back on my seizure meds. So far 25% down with no ill effects. I have more energy and feel like my whole system has "up-regulated".

When you have been medicated too long, you forget how awesome normal feels!

summerbreeze is offline Junior Member
    I'm new here, and lurking this thread has been so inspiring! I'm a couple weeks into primal (although I've been following the Weston A. Price Foundation's guidelines for quite awhile, so it hasn't been a huge change for me) and I'm feeling awesome. The bloating has gone down and I haven't had the debilitating headaches I get a few times each month.

But onto my triumph! Today, I stopped by a market that I don't usually go to. I was in a different neighborhood, and I wanted to grab the ingredients for primal chili. On a whim, I asked the guy behind the butcher counter if they had any pork fat (the only lard I've been able to find has been partially hydrogenated). He gave me a funny look, then went to the back to ask. I guess no one renders their own lard anymore, because I got about four pounds for free! Looks like I'm rendering lard and making chicharones (the little bits of skin that cook in the rendering lard, in case you don't know) tonight.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Just weighed in at 165 lbs for a total weight loss of 48 lbs in just under 6 months (I celebrate 6 months Paleo on Sept. 4th). I haven't been this weight since high school. Yesterday I did 25 full extension pull-ups and 70 push-ups in the first set of a high intensity circuit, something I have never previously been able to do. At 60 years of age I feel amazing, following Paleo has made 60 the new 40.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You guys are inspiring me to cut off these last 5 or 10 pounds for a bit! At least I know how to now. Maybe after we're done moving...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

mjn298 is offline Junior Member
    I am now 5 months cigarette free!

The occasional cigarette was the last and toughest thing to kick but now I can say it's gone and not coming back. I am an avid singer and tennis player and both of those things have seen dramatic improvement!

songsparrow is offline Junior Member
    I love reading everyone's successes! Great work, everyone!

Last night, I had success getting my most picky-eater child to eat a new cooked vegetable! I made a paleo carrot soufflé, and as expected after one tiny bite she left the rest sit untouched. Then inspiration hit. The soufflé had been sweetened with a little maple syrup but was not very sweet at all, so I asked if she'd like a little more maple syrup to sweeten it (she loves maple syrup). After pouring a little maple syrup on her plate for her to dip in, she quickly gobbled down the entire carrot souffle! The carrot souffle will now be on regular rotation at our house!

As for me, after trying to go Primal on and off over the summer, I've now been eating completely Primally for one week. In that week, not only have various aches and pains disappeared, and joints changed from stiff to flexible, but yesterday my jeans were falling off of me, so I dug out a pair that didn't fit at the beginning of the summer. They fit perfectly, despite me weighing at least 10-20 pounds more than the weight at which they fit in the past! I wouldn't believe the rapid changes if I hadn't experienced them for myself!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    went to the beach this weekend. two triumphs

#1 comfortable in my skin... it isnt yet LGN but dammit i was no worse than anyone else there ( sad to say) and better than many. and even while i noticed that, it was not the comparison that made me comfortable i just was. 5 years ago i took off my shirt and ran ( as fast as i could) for the surf in shame. Yesterday i left the hotel without a shirt, strolled across the street stood on the beach watched the sunrise got in the water and said good bye to the ocean and strolled back to the hotel. no mas.

#2 no gain... LOL Stubborn asshole FTW. Cooked 2 pounds of grass fed beef ( burgers) to take for breakfast. ate all you can eat seafood for dinner. we have gotten rather spoiled so we brought our own coffee and cream but forgot the butter, next time butter, next time. result. up 0.6 lbs... which is no gain in my book... WINNING
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    My boyfriend, a vegetable-hater, actually asked for some grilled green peppers with his sausage/rice gumbo I made. (I'm not making him go primal, so he still eats rice and other starches, but usually when I make a protein we just have different sides. This time he stole my grilled peppers!!!!)

Baby steps!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Rice and other starches are totally primal.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Down 55 pounds in 8 months. Blood pressure down. Sleeping better. Chronic pain 90% gone. Joints hurting less, although I'm still trying to figure out how to regrow cartilage. Just ate my first homegrown chicken last night, it was delicious. Can't wait to have the bone broth for lunch. My diet is mostly eggs, moose, salmon, berries, all local. Looking forward to my first beach vacation in 6 years and not afraid of wearing a bathing suit. I can hardly wait. When I couldn't sleep tonight I read the MDA forums, my new addiction, and decided to post here. When I couldn't sleep in the past I would get up and eat, eat, eat because I was still hungry after eating carbs all day. I have a whole new life at 48 and it's still getting better all the time.