Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 178

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Negligible weight loss for the last while, but in the last month

- pants are getting looser
    - eyelids are less droopy (this started at the same time all my thyroid problems started; this seems like a GREAT sign!)
    - whole face seems to be slightly less puffy
    - Cashier at Trader Joe's today insisted I must play some kind of sport - soccer, tennis, something - b/c I look so darn athletic. (I haven't exercised more than 10 times in the last six years, because of fatigue).
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Scale wavered between 169-170 this morning after 2 years of being 175-180... Can fit into old shirts again. Weight isn't dropping incredibly fast, but inches are. Lovin it.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Just discovered that all beef that's sold in French supermarkets are grass-fed.
    Same for all meats except pork and chicken.

I was so worried about the fact I couldn't find grass fed meat. Haha. Awesome.
    This is why I love France!

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeldingHank View Post
    Chin-up.

That is all.
    Nice one Hank, I've been doing 50 pull ups program and just got my first pull up yesterday. Goal now is to increase the reps.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Is wearing a pair of "closet pants" today...
    NO, not "fat pants", I threw all those bitches away!
    These are from the old but still good "too small" set!

That's right people...
    All hail Cori's slightly smaller ASS and Thighs!
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-20-2012 at 02:14 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

merryish is offline Senior Member
    I'm off methotrexate.

I've been on a mix of prednisone, plaquenil and methotrexate for a couple of years now, with no noticeable improvement of my autoimmune issues. I don't like any of it, but I've always hated methotrexate the most for some reason.

I've been eating primal/paleo for 7 months, completely gluten free, about 95% grain free. And at my last appointment, my symptoms were so much improved, my doc said I could stop taking the methotrexate altogether. \o/

I've already tapered prednisone down to a negligible dose (8mg/day), so I feel like I'm on the way to getting my life back.

PLUS: because of the autoimmune issues, I'm supposed to get my bloodwork checked every 6 weeks. It's actually been a couple of months since the last time I did it, because work has been busy busy busy. But this latest check? ALL my inflammation markers are down, across the board. Some of the drops were so sharp that they were flagged, even though they resulted in new numbers firmly in the NORMAL RANGE. My WBC count is within the reference range for the first time in five years.

Not that I had any doubt that this is good for me, but holy crap - this way of life is REALLY FREAKING GOOD for me! =D

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Yesterday I got rid of any shirt larger than 3X/20in Neck and any pants over 54In waist.
    Three cheers you sexy beast!!!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Three cheers you sexy beast!!!
    :looking over shoulder:

who?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by merryish View Post
    i'm off methotrexate.

I've been on a mix of prednisone, plaquenil and methotrexate for a couple of years now, with no noticeable improvement of my autoimmune issues. I don't like any of it, but i've always hated methotrexate the most for some reason.

I've been eating primal/paleo for 7 months, completely gluten free, about 95% grain free. And at my last appointment, my symptoms were so much improved, my doc said i could stop taking the methotrexate altogether. \o/

i've already tapered prednisone down to a negligible dose (8mg/day), so i feel like i'm on the way to getting my life back.

Plus: Because of the autoimmune issues, i'm supposed to get my bloodwork checked every 6 weeks. It's actually been a couple of months since the last time i did it, because work has been busy busy busy. But this latest check? All my inflammation markers are down, across the board. Some of the drops were so sharp that they were flagged, even though they resulted in new numbers firmly in the normal range. My wbc count is within the reference range for the first time in five years.

Not that i had any doubt that this is good for me, but holy crap - this way of life is really freaking good for me! =d
    fantastic!!!!