Page 177 of 189 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 177

rantingredneck is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I crossed the 220lb mark this past week. First time in 12 years that I've been that light. When the scale read 218.8 I had to double check! Officially I'm down close to 20lbs in just over 6 weeks of Primal living. My belts and pants are getting loose as are my shirts. Gonna have to start clothing shopping soon!

The biggest success though has been chronic pain levels. I've abused my body in the past. Competitive martial arts in my teens and early twenties left me with a bad right shoulder and left knee and fractures of both shins. A hunting accident in my early 30's left me with two titanium rods and seven screws holding my spine together. I had become accustomed to 1-2 naproxin sodium (Aleve) a day just to cope.

In the past month I've been pain, and pain killer, free. It's been liberating. If I never lose another pound it's worth it!

Almost forgot that I now seem to be not allergic to cutting my grass! Allergy meds gone too!

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rantingredneck View Post
    I crossed the 220lb mark this past week. First time in 12 years that I've been that light. When the scale read 218.8 I had to double check! Officially I'm down close to 20lbs in just over 6 weeks of Primal living. My belts and pants are getting loose as are my shirts. Gonna have to start clothing shopping soon!

The biggest success though has been chronic pain levels. I've abused my body in the past. Competitive martial arts in my teens and early twenties left me with a bad right shoulder and left knee and fractures of both shins. A hunting accident in my early 30's left me with two titanium rods and seven screws holding my spine together. I had become accustomed to 1-2 naproxin sodium (Aleve) a day just to cope.

In the past month I've been pain, and pain killer, free. It's been liberating. If I never lose another pound it's worth it!

Almost forgot that I now seem to be not allergic to cutting my grass! Allergy meds gone too!
    Getting relief from chronic pain is huge! Congratulations!!!!!

mommymd

mommymd is offline Senior Member

Vacation success

Came back from a 2 week summer vacation. During those 2 weeks I ate 80/20, had icecream 3 times but didn't finish any of the servings. Sprinted once. Hiked 3 times. Ate Oysters, drank little wine. Got lots of sun. I haven't weighed myself yet, but all clothes fit and even bought some that were medium (started extra large). I consider all of that a success.

mommymd.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymd View Post
    Came back from a 2 week summer vacation. During those 2 weeks I ate 80/20, had icecream 3 times but didn't finish any of the servings. Sprinted once. Hiked 3 times. Ate Oysters, drank little wine. Got lots of sun. I haven't weighed myself yet, but all clothes fit and even bought some that were medium (started extra large). I consider all of that a success.

mommymd.
    LIKE!

my wife and I went on vacation(colorado), and did the same thing pretty much. Ate 80/20, sprinted and hiked, tons of sun. She came back 5lbs lighter, myself 7lbs lighter. Its funny how being in a good mood for an entire week can just speed things up.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    My size 4 pants are a bit tight. This is a good thing because they were pretty comfortable a few weeks ago, I'm visibly not any fatter, but I've been working out more, which means it must be muscle!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Just discovered that all beef that's sold in French supermarkets are grass-fed.
    Same for all meats except pork and chicken.

I was so worried about the fact I couldn't find grass fed meat. Haha. Awesome.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    wearing a jacket i have kept for 20 years just because i always liked it

even thought i outgrew it months after buying it

priceless!!!
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

ERC
    ERC is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    wearing a jacket i have kept for 20 years just because i always liked it

even thought i outgrew it months after buying it

priceless!!!
    That's awesome.

Slimming into clothes you never thought you would wear again is really an awesome feeling. Just this week I had to put my heavy pants from the dresser into a closet because, in my wife's words, they looked like clown pants.

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    Had a big success over the last couple days! I have lost a total of 30lbs (as of today), I was able to fit into size 32 pants (I was a 36 in early may), and when I saw the ex GF (the breakup was an inspiration for me to make the change) for the first time since June and she could not believe the weight I had dropped and how fit and happy I looked! Winner winner chicken dinner!
    Male 37 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    180 LBs- 8/15/12 - CW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Chin-up.

That is all.