Page 175 of 189 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 175

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by KatieCHI View Post
    While working out at the park today, a girl gave me a pahmplet for a 5K obstacle course run for charity. She said: "you look like someone who'd be interested." (I was doing Aussie pull ups at the time)
    Me. Who never played sports in school. Who did the 'ol "tie my shoe during the high school mile run because I'm tired" charade.
    WIN
    Congrats, now you have to do that run

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    I actually avoided temptation today in the form of croissants from the new bakery down at the corner.

That is truly a triumph for me.

SCruz Carter is offline Member
    I too would love to hear how Griff is doing 3 years on!

I have been primal for just under 3 months and when I started I weighed 210 (at 5-7) and wore a 36 pant if I am honest with myself. The other day I bought my first pair of 33s in over 10 years and the weight keeps falling off. Some friends said recently they never thought I was fat before but cannot believe how I look now. I just hit 181 and know I will cross the 30lb mark very soon!
    Male 40 Years Old
    210 LBs - 5/14/12 - SW
    ??? LBs- GW
    36"- Starting pant size
    32" - Current Pant size

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCruz Carter View Post
    I too would love to hear how Griff is doing 3 years on!

I have been primal for just under 3 months and when I started I weighed 210 (at 5-7) and wore a 36 pant if I am honest with myself. The other day I bought my first pair of 33s in over 10 years and the weight keeps falling off. Some friends said recently they never thought I was fat before but cannot believe how I look now. I just hit 181 and know I will cross the 30lb mark very soon!
    Sadly over the years people badgered griff and he has left the forums. There was a long thread "health not weight" where people were cruel to him because his goals were to become healthy not loose all the weight. It is sad even as a member of the vlc camp (diabetic) he was an asset to the forum highly involved (cholesterol primer) and an inspiration to the very overweight.

He is missed

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Still reducing while not on HCG.

I have had a theory that once a person crosses a line of weight that the chemistry begins to favor storage no matter what is done

to me HCG was a way to pull the plug, but my goal has always been to be able to reduce using my own metabolic engine. I cross my fingers hoping that this continues, my theory may be bunk, but even so it sees to be working
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    So you aren't at or under 500 calories anymore? From what I recall you were eating less than that, right? If you're now eating more and still reducing, that's just FABULOUS!!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i am eating about a pound of beef daily + bullet proof coffee and maybe some vegetables. they have been tricking me up lately, constipation and weight gain so mostly i avoid them
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Went clothes shopping tonight, bought all new jeans. All size 32, they fit comfy, with a belt. One year ago my 38's were tight.

ERC
    ERC is offline Junior Member
    Went over a friends house for dinner last night who has got vegetarian to drop weight.....He took one look at me and started asking about my diet, and ate meat that night, while minimizing carbs.

I am not at my goal yet, far from it, but it's nice to both have my weight loss and health gains be noticed and inspire someone away from what I consider a wrong and unhealthy path and onto primal style eating.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Awesome, everyone.

I just wanted to share that it's been exactly 1 month since I went primal and I have lost 7.5 pounds and went from wearing my size 16 jeans to my size 14 jeans.

Jenny