Page 169 of 189 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 169

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Completed couch to 5k yesterday. Going to keep running but cutting down to two runs a week to make it easier to fit in.

Paleobird Guest
    My triumph is in having finally talked my Dad into going Primal. Yay! He has been fully Primal for a little over a month and his blood pressure has gone down by 20 points and he was able to get off his BP meds. Also gone are the shooting pains and swelling in his feet due to pre-diabetes.

And he's 86. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Bron is offline Senior Member
    My primal puppy She loves coconut flakes and cream/milk.

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    Brownies, pineapple cake, day-glo cupcakes, crackers, monkey bread, cinnamon rolls... ALL of this is on the treats table right next to me and I DON'T WANT A BITE OF IT! I thought the brownies would be really difficult, I LOVE brownies, but they're the cakey kind with frosting and I was really in the mood for the thin kind with the flaky top. They don't look appetizing at all Normally I'd be all over the sweets as part of my "20%".

Finally, I'm able to make 20% ACTUALLY 20%

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Seven years ago DH had a heart attack from high cholesterol and plaque buildup. After eating Primal for the last year his cardiologist was shocked to discover that his arteries are completely normal. No sign of plaque AT ALL!!!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Seven years ago DH had a heart attack from high cholesterol and plaque buildup. After eating Primal for the last year his cardiologist was shocked to discover that his arteries are completely normal. No sign of plaque AT ALL!!!
    I WISH my father-in-law would listen... he had a quintuple!!! bypass at Christmas... and is pulling that "moderation" crap...
    Trust me, it's NOT all that "moderate" at all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I have a triumph...a small one.
    I have some major health issues, and losing weight is as slow as pouring cold molasses, but I stick to my guns and eat very cleanly.
    Husband told me that he can tell my caboose is getting narrower, he's started suggesting I get some new jeans because mine are getting baggy and I've been putting it off, and yesterday I pulled my jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping... and easily pulled them back UP the same way!

I'm the tortoise. Slow, but steady.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comma is offline Senior Member
    A small success here, too: I have finally found what to eat when so it works for me! I lost 4 lbs in the last 3 days and feel good. So does the family!

WIChuck is offline Member
    I had a relatively small triumph by many people's standards, but after a couple months of effort, I was able to do a pull up on Sunday and three today. For me, it was actually pretty big, because it was the first time in my 45 years on this earth I have ever done one.

Just wish I had worked this hard when I was in my 20s.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    I've lost 40 pounds since December 28, 2011! I'm below my wedding weight (8.5 years ago) and almost to my college baseball weight (204 pounds).

I'm estatic. Celebrated tonight with my family with some ice cream from Graeter's (look them up, it's the best ice cream ever)