Page 167 of 189 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 167

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm heading back to Egypt tomorrow for work and due to where I am, living primal is pretty much a given which I consider a triumph. Flying British Airways found out they have a gluten free meal that I can order so we will see how that goes. Looking forward to getting back to Egypt!
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    Hair grows 1/2" a year, and I went back to the Primal lifestyle and healthy living a bit more than a year ago. Apparently, some of my grey hair is turning black again.
    Actually, hair grows on average 1/2 an inch a month. Mine grows at least double that. I have also noticed a lot more dark hair growing and a lot less gray than I used to have!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Actually, hair grows on average 1/2 an inch a month. Mine grows at least double that. I have also noticed a lot more dark hair growing and a lot less gray than I used to have!
    This... even my hair stylist is shocked at how fast my hair grows. But she doesn't mind as it keeps me in her seat. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    I meant 1/2" a month, yes.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    So many inspiring stories! Thanks and congrats to everyone.

On Saturday March 3rd 2012 I stepped on the scale and weighed 213 Lbs - Yikes!

At 5' 11'' that put my BMI at 29.7 - in the obese category! Although I know BMI has its drawbacks I have decided to use it as a gauge and have set a goal of getting to a healthy BMI this year. That means I will need to get my weight down to 178 lbs.

In a little over a month I would be 60 years old and I felt like I really needed to focus on taking charge of my health.

Over the years I have remained relatively fit but had slipped into an over eating sedentary lifestyle and committed to a change.
    After much research I have decided on embracing the Paleo/Primal diet and exercise lifestyle. Based on the science of fat loss I believe the evidence is compelling and there is no other diet that would enable me to reach my goals.

Since March 3rd I have gone from 213 lbs down to 182 lbs. A 31lb weight loss in such a short time is truly amazing to me. Also my blood pressure dramatically improved from 130/90 to 111/78 and I feel amazing.

I know this is not nearly as dramatic as some on this site that have lost over 100 lbs but it is an example of the incredible changes that can happen so quickly when one embraces a Paleo approach.

Thanks again for all your inspiring stories and good luck!

Please feel free to visit and like my Facebook Paleo Diary -

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Finally hit my goal: Fitting into size 32 Levi's 501s. Now I have a new goal: Looking good wearing nothing but!

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Finally hit my goal: Fitting into size 32 Levi's 501s. Now I have a new goal: Looking good wearing nothing but!
    Be careful not to get anything caught in your zipper.

fastersteve is offline Member
    501's are button fly, if you catch anything in there, you deserve the pain...

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fastersteve View Post
    501's are button fly, if you catch anything in there, you deserve the pain...
    No comment...

meepster is online now Senior Member
    One more triumph today; this time with numbers. I don't normally weigh myself, and don't own a scale. Last time I weighed myself was last year, when I visited my parents - I was close to 130 lbs. This past year, I was fairly strict about my diet, took better care of my health, and I've been noticing that all my jeans were getting loose and falling off of me. Well, I'm visiting my parents again, one year later, and decided to weigh myself again, on the same scale.

I now weigh 120 lbs. No wonder all my jeans are falling off.