Page 166 of 189 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 166

NurseGrok is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I just got back from a yoga workshop, where a guy there told me I looked beautiful. HUH?!

You have no idea how long it's been!
    That is sensational!!! You are an inspiration.

Shamia is offline Senior Member
    I lost all my celulite! It's gone! No more bubbly skin on my butt! Just smooth as a baby's bottom!

PrimalJes is offline Senior Member
    After 6 weeks of Primal, my nails are growing!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Meegads is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamia View Post
    I lost all my celulite! It's gone! No more bubbly skin on my butt! Just smooth as a baby's bottom!
    Oh, I am SO hoping that happens to me...
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Mama triumphs!

My 2 school age boys had a read-a-thon day at school where everyone was to bring treats to share while they read. My boys chose to take almonds and dried apricots (treats in our house). I told them they could choose to share in what snacks they felt good about eating, and to remember how they felt the last time they had cookies and crackers (achy bellies, super dramatic mood swings) when they made their decisions. I told them it was okay to indulge a little, just don't go overboard. When I picked them up from school, they both told me they had stuck to their own treats! One son had had a few dried cranberries that a friend had brought. For a 6 and 9 year old, that is a Mama TRIUMPH!!

I also heard from my neighbor that the last time my kids were at her house and she offered them snacks, my 3 year old daughter had said, "Yes, but no grains or sugar please!"
    That is absolutely wonderful, and indeed a MAMA Triumph.
    I am pretty new to this amazing new world, but I converted my kids with little resistance. They are 13 and 11 and request wheat and sugar free at their dads place, I'm pretty happy with that, very proud Mama here too

Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Physically incapable of eating just a bit of dark chocolate personally, all or nothing for me!

Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Travel often, getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

Just wanted to say I love your tag line..... I have this set as my wallpaper on my laptop, inspiring..... was nice to recognise it

Ok I have finally finished reading this amazing topic, it has taken me several days but I have been savoring each and every story and achievement and am so inspired by all the amazing journeys.

I thought I would share a little about me (sharing is caring right? except for boyfriends!!!)

About 5 weeks ago when I was bedridden with the flu and gastro (yes lucky girl) I got to reading some low carb books and found myself yet another admirer of Mark Sisson.

So I started immediately, cleaned out my kitchen, left no trace of wheat or sugar there (Im an all in type of gal) and talked to my kids about the changes. My diet has radically changed along with my lifestyle. I am lifting heavy things, doing yoga daily, and I have completed 2 x 24 hr IF's and I have never felt better. I feel amazing, no lethargy, no migranes, no joint and muscle pain, my attitude is amazing and I feel like nothing gets me down.

I have converted several co-workers, and my parents, I have grown my own kefir and shared generously and when my microwave died last week I made a decision not to replace it, to go back to basics.

I have never been one to weigh myself so I dont know where I started but I have absolutely lost weight, I can see it in the mirror and feel it in my clothes. My biggest triumph so far is that I can now look at myself in the mirror in underwear and not be ashamed or disgusted any more, there are many more improvements but I can finally look at me and see me!!

Moushka26 is offline Junior Member
    After four months of delicious, filling, Paleo eating, I had to crow a little. I've lost 32 pounds and two dress sizes! I'm thrilled with the way I'm eating, am hardly ever hungry, and feel so good about myself and the Paleo diet. Thank you, Mark! Thank you everyone who posted their stories here. You've really inspired this 62-year-old couch potato to change her life I have a lot more weight to lose to hit my goal but this is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix, so I'm not worried about it. I feel, and look, the best I have in twenty years. Haven't managed to get my DH off the potatoes yet (he's Irish so what are the chances? LOL) but he is off the four (!) teaspoons of sugar he used to take in his coffee, thank goodness. Baby steps...Thank you, thank you!

meepster is offline Senior Member
    I have kind of a weird one. I'm 36 and my hair is going grey (it's genetic - all my relatives go grey really early). Just the other day, I found a hair that was kind of weird - the end of it was black, then there was about 6" of white, and closest to the root, there was about 6" of black again. Hair grows 1/2" a year, and I went back to the Primal lifestyle and healthy living a bit more than a year ago. Apparently, some of my grey hair is turning black again.

skorpion317 is offline Senior Member
    I fit into XL t-shirts again. At my heaviest, I was wearing 3XL.
    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."