Page 165 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 165

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    On Saturday March 3rd 2012 I stepped on the scale and weighed 213 Lbs - Yikes!

At 5' 11'' that puts my BMI at 29.7 - in the obese category! Although I know BMI has its drawbacks I have decided to use it as a gauge and have set a goal of getting to a healthy BMI this year. That means I will need to get my weight down to 178 lbs.

In a little over a month I realized I would be 60 years old and I felt like I really need to focus on taking charge of my health.

Over the years I have remained relatively fit - weight lifting, running, doing some marathons and triathlons punctuated with periods of inactivity. In my new focus on health I will primarily do interval training, core work and yoga. I will also add some weight training.

After much research I have decided on the Paleo diet. Based on the science of fat loss I believe the evidence is compelling and there is no other diet that would enable me to reach my goals. Have been 95% strict Paleo diet since March 4th, 2012.

Today May 1st, 2012 I weigh 185 lbs. A weight loss of 28 lbs in 58 days. Based on my current weekly weight loss average I should be into the 170's in 3 to 4 weeks.

I kept a log on Facebook up to today that you all might find interesting, feel free to check it out ... Thanks

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook
    Congrats canuck! Making the decision and commitment to work on achieving better health is the greatest success of all
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Mission Possible is offline Junior Member
    I bought my first pair of 30 jeans in my adult life last weekend and didn't even have to squeeze into them. What amazes me is I still am only at 22-23% BF and my wife said I'll have to shop in the boys section soon...

Anyway, I was in a 40 jean (tight too) in November when I started last year on this Jouney. Thats 56 lbs....I am no longer concerned about the scale and really focussing on sustainable diet, exercise and sleep habits.
    Don't just survive....THRIVE!!!

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    This is a great thread and uplifting to read everyone's successes. Congrats to all.

I was going to leave this reply at that, but realized that even after 2 months going primal, I have some successes to share. Nasty allergies are mostly gone and I haven't taken Zyrtec for 7 weeks. Asthma is a bare whisper and probably soon to be a faint memory. 28 pounds lighter (way more to go) and I don't care if it's water or fat - it's GONE. And hey, loving this whole forum with the successes, advice, links, info, squabbling, and warmth. Thanks everyone and congrats again to all who've posted before (and after) me here.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    ^Way to go, Kerry!

I'm into the 210's. From 251. 32 pounds down. Did 3 pullups unassisted. Got through 38 rounds of SimpleFit (L3D1). Seeing cuts/veins/definititon in areas that I've never seen them, even in my college baseball days.

This thing really works!!!!!!!
    Last edited by adameads; 05-04-2012 at 07:33 AM.

My underwear are too big!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i see changes... interesting how 48f water did one think ( flush toxins ) but 32f water seems to be shredding me... oh well at least my icemaker still works
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

adameads is offline Senior Member
    32f being 32 degrees fahrenheit? ice baths, basically? what is your protocol for that? how often? duration? place for a budget industrial icemaker?

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i lucked out totally. old man with young hot wife buys 3500 ice maker for her crushed ice habit. moves and cannot take with and realizes that nobody needs 500lb of crushed ice daily. sells to me for 750

i took 2 months to move from 48f to 32f first step was to get my cells to rebuild and that took about 5 days twice daily. second step was to learn to clear the detox that occurs which took another 2 weeks to dial that in. then ground water temps increased and it was harder to get skin temps down. bought the ice maker and started over with 5 minute dips today i am up to 30 minutes and the water was 44 when i got out.

to convert to an iceman/woman you need to create a good omega 3/6 ratio in your diet and allow the cell restructuring to take place before diving into the colder waters. you will know when this has happened as you stop being "frozen solid" in water like 48f.

when i was first starting 48f left my skin stiff for minutes at a time and it took me hours to warm up. both of those stopped suddenly. but not at the same time. skin plasticity came back around 5 - 7 days and certain parts..... create more heat than others now where they didnt before. body temp recovered much more slowly. took me 3 -4 weeks to return to my basal temp in less than an hour.

i did get chilblains once and it hurt like a mutha for 3 days but it recovered and then 32 is a total walk in the park. i recover normal temp in less than an hour and i dont feel cold at a lower core temp. this morning after my 30 minutes my tongue temp was 95 but after eating it was back up to 98.

as for the actual bath i totally submerge as much as possible and i started doing 1/4 of the time on each side of my body yo assure even coverage.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Go, Q! (and a note of caution for any interested - this is something to take slowly, VERY slowly, with a spotter whenever you go colder or much longer or in an open body of water, b/c hypothermia makes you stupid, that's how it kills)

I'm in a 50F year-round river once/week and LOVING it. I feel heat emanating from my body, especially trunk & legs. The flowing water feels great, not even cold anymore. The detox tells me it's working (pimples, emotional swings starting 2 days afterward, lethargy, all followed by feeling better than I have in ages). So does the scale! (not to mention my house is getting a heck of a lot cleaner ... I could have used this energy a few years ago!)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

NurseGrok is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    They are phenomenal results Rud3d0g, I am impressed and inspired.

I am 1 month in and have NEVER felt better about life, about MYSELF and never FELT better.

I have made some massive changes in my life and im an 'all in' kinda girl so that is working for me.