Page 164 of 189 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 164

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron View Post
    not only did I *want* liver, I enjoyed it!!
    A TRUE VICTORY. I love liver.
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meegads View Post
    A couple of days ago, I had to go shopping for new workout clothes, as the XLs I had were just too big. I selected an assortment of clothing items in L, and went to try them on. And then went back for mediums. I haven't been a medium ANYTHING since I was 23 years old! I almost cried, right there in the dressing room.
    congrats Meegads! I can attest to how great it feels to be back in a smaller size! it was great when my large grey hoodied sweats, which I had been running in for so long, suddenly started to dwarf me...
    Plus..... (besides the hurtin' it puts on the budget)... getting new workout clothes is win
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Tigerfeet is offline Senior Member
    I just finished up with my first Whole 30. I stepped on the scale and was down 20 pounds, awesome!

Awesomer? I've found a psychological trick to keep myself from pigging out on the treats here at work. I know the 80-20 rule but if I have one piece (of whatever) I'll have another, and another, and snack on it all day. I just can't have one, and that's addiction wrenching my arm. Telling myself "You can't have this ever" doesn't work either, because then I just throw up my hands and say "screw it". Then today I had an idea and I really think it's going to work well. If someone brings in something I really like and I really want, I tell myself that I can have it if I go home and make it myself, and make sure it's really GOOD stuff. Inevitably, by the time I get home I'm not interested.

I'm still dealing with that sugar monkey in my brain, and I understand I won't be completely 'cured' after just one course of the whole 30, but this first month has been great

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I've ditched weight goals and been monitoring BF% instead. I've gone sub 20... 19%! WOOT!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    I've ditched weight goals and been monitoring BF% instead. I've gone sub 20... 19%! WOOT!
    Hell yeah! I'm sitting right at 20% and can't wait to get into the teen BF%. It'll be the first time ever in my adult life.

My triumph for today: was helping set up for Relay for Life this morning (great cause, support it if you can!) and got mistaken by high school students as a high school student. About three of them thought they had a class with me despite the fact I graduated in 2007, lol!

They didn't believe me when I told them I was 23 and not 17. I literally had to gather witnesses to testify that I was in fact 23.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfeet View Post
    Awesomer? I've found a psychological trick to keep myself from pigging out on the treats here at work. I know the 80-20 rule but if I have one piece (of whatever) I'll have another, and another, and snack on it all day. I just can't have one, and that's addiction wrenching my arm. Telling myself "You can't have this ever" doesn't work either, because then I just throw up my hands and say "screw it". Then today I had an idea and I really think it's going to work well. If someone brings in something I really like and I really want, I tell myself that I can have it if I go home and make it myself, and make sure it's really GOOD stuff. Inevitably, by the time I get home I'm not interested.

I'm still dealing with that sugar monkey in my brain, and I understand I won't be completely 'cured' after just one course of the whole 30, but this first month has been great
    That's a great trick! I wanted to share that many of us who battle sugar cravings find an AMAZING difference by making sure we get protein every meal, and especially for breakfast. At least 25g, and if that doesn't beat back cravings entirely, going up to 50, 65, or even 70g for breakfast, and then another 25 at lunch and 25 at dinner, has KILLED my binge eating disorder and sugar addiction dead. (It took 25g to put a huge dent in the cravings,, but 50g nearly killed them, and 65g for two months obliterated them.) I feel like I have a new life.

I don't have to fight the cravings with tricks anymore; they simply aren't there. I feel the way my husband has always said he feels about treats now - meh.

(enough fat is also important, but most here at MDA have already killed the "lowfat" mantra. Breakfast every day with plenty of fat and protein are key to killing cravings.)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I've made it a point not to push my research and new-found knowledge in people's faces, so when fam or friends express sincere interest, it makes me so excited! Today my sister-in-law (who has been through a lot of health issues lately and it's broken my heart to see her hurting) called me to plan out my parent's 40th anniversary party. She wanted input on grain-free entrees and I told her not to worry about catering to us, but it might be a good idea because mom and dad are grain-free as well. She admitted that she and my brother had read my blog and decided to go Paleo as well!! WOOHOO!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    On Saturday March 3rd 2012 I stepped on the scale and weighed 213 Lbs - Yikes!

At 5' 11'' that puts my BMI at 29.7 - in the obese category! Although I know BMI has its drawbacks I have decided to use it as a gauge and have set a goal of getting to a healthy BMI this year. That means I will need to get my weight down to 178 lbs.

In a little over a month I realized I would be 60 years old and I felt like I really need to focus on taking charge of my health.

Over the years I have remained relatively fit - weight lifting, running, doing some marathons and triathlons punctuated with periods of inactivity. In my new focus on health I will primarily do interval training, core work and yoga. I will also add some weight training.

After much research I have decided on the Paleo diet. Based on the science of fat loss I believe the evidence is compelling and there is no other diet that would enable me to reach my goals. Have been 95% strict Paleo diet since March 4th, 2012.

Today May 1st, 2012 I weigh 185 lbs. A weight loss of 28 lbs in 58 days. Based on my current weekly weight loss average I should be into the 170's in 3 to 4 weeks.

I kept a log on Facebook up to today that you all might find interesting, feel free to check it out ... Thanks

Paleo Journey - Diary of my experience eating the Paleo Diet | Facebook

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    It's spreading like wildfire! Way to go!

mommymd

Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    I've made it a point not to push my research and new-found knowledge in people's faces, so when fam or friends express sincere interest, it makes me so excited! Today my sister-in-law (who has been through a lot of health issues lately and it's broken my heart to see her hurting) called me to plan out my parent's 40th anniversary party. She wanted input on grain-free entrees and I told her not to worry about catering to us, but it might be a good idea because mom and dad are grain-free as well. She admitted that she and my brother had read my blog and decided to go Paleo as well!! WOOHOO!!

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by parakeet View Post
    After working at it for almost 9 months, I did my first, unassited, pull-up! Also hit 60 lbs. gone today (but I'm more excited about the pull-up).

Congrats to everyone on all the personal triumphs!
    Congrats! (Wondering if I'll ever be able to do that!)