Page 160 of 189 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 160

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night my new girlfriend asked me to help her go paleo. This to me is a huge huge triumph. Getting her through the first 30 days will be another one.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Last night my new girlfriend asked me to help her go paleo. This to me is a huge huge triumph. Getting her through the first 30 days will be another one.
    Best of luck! My GF has been doing this with me, which is quite the acomplishment for a pastry chef.
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Avalon is offline Junior Member
    Thirty pounds down: BOOYAH!!!

People keep saying "you look smaller", "you shrank", "you are very slim" (that last is one of my Korean coteachers, who surprised me with that bit of vocabulary). It gets me stoked every time.

And that black dress that didn't fit three months ago? Perfect.
    If you want to reach the end of the trail, first you must find the beginning.
    If you want to be strong enough to walk the trail, trust your feet.
    If you want to go fast, go alone - if you want to go far, go together.

6'0" white female, age 24
    Pre-paleo: 247.8 lbs
    Current weight: 212.8
    Goal: 199.9 (and to rock a two piece bathing suit surfing in Costa Rica this November!)

recursion is offline Junior Member
    Went clothes shopping earlier this week for a trip. Went from size 50 waist to size 38 in 8 months. Went from size XXXL / XXL shirts to size L. I have no idea what I weighed at the start and I haven't stepped on a scale since, so I don't know how much weight I've lost, but the body transformation is remarkable.
    Last edited by recursion; 03-22-2012 at 03:59 AM. Reason: ha wow those typos.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    AMAZING, recursion. Love these triumphs.

It's been two years since starting MDA, and I'm finally within 4lb of my goal weight. Broke 140, which I haven't managed since 3 babies ago. WOOHOO!!!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

HCMark is offline Junior Member
    Took my 3yr old daughter to the park and actually played with her rather than just watching. Climbing, sliding and jumping from a swing I landed lightly on my feet. 25 year old knee injury has finally stopped hurting.

docpearce is offline Member
    Started 1/2 ass doing primal in Nov 2011. Getting better over time, but still have bad days (or two) about once per week (see the 20 wings and 5 beers I had on Fri). At my peak I was fluctuating between 177 and 181 and was measured at 17% body fat.
    I have several goals including: 1) Get to 8% bodyfat 2) Be able to dunk

My weight has dropped to around 165 + or - 2 pounds. I haven't had my body fat measured but I'd have to guess I'm around 13%... so probably about another 8 pounds to go

Over the last couple of weeks I've been able to dunk pretty consistently on a 9'6" goal...something I haven't been able to do in at least 7 years. Now the question is..Is it due to: the weight loss, the primal, or the fact that I've been doing a lot more squats, deadlifts, and KBell swings than in recent years? I think if I can get to that 8% body fat, I'll be able to dunk on a regulation goal.

Not bad for 5'10 and going on 37

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    Finally got my plank up past 2 minutes! This was after 10+ pull ups, 45 push ups, and 15 70 lb weighted squats... fasted for 15 hours. Feels good!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I reached my playing weight from when I played rugby when I was young (19-24 years-old). I stepped on the scale today and weighed in at 168.4 lbs. I'm 5'-11". Now I just have to trade in some fat for muscle.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

adameads is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    did my first unassisted, from-dead-hang pullup this morning. threw it in between rounds 2 and 3 of simplefit this morning.

BOO - YAH!