Page 155 of 189 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 155

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's been 117 days since I had a sugar hangover.

I forgot what it was like till someone else mentioned one. Dang, I don't miss those.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    PEM progress triumph!!
    50 deep squats while using my 25lb 2-year-old as a weight
    30 consecutive pushups (on toes, not knees)
    5 unassisted pullups in a row (then a few more with a little push off)
    1:32 plank
    (All during IF)
    This is huge progress for me! I'm dead set on getting up to a 2 minute plank. It's gonna happen!!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Kunko is offline Member
    Awesome triumphs!!

I had one recently again I found out that since I started eating more Primal I've lost 2 inches off the fattest point in my torso!!! Which I think is amazing because I started mid January. Also I'm slowly pulling away from "treats" and "rewarding myself" yay!! I almost was able to skip two meals today, but I had to quick run out and get something because my blood sugar was very low.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I convinced someone on another forum in the "weight loss" thread (I participate for support & to get advice on exercise and such) to give barefoot running a try. They're going to try stretching out their feet more at the very least, and getting an analysis done on their gait to see if they can find the "right shoe". Not exactly what I meant, but better than shelling out tons of $$ for stupid Nikes built for runners that destroy your feet (she had mentioned a lot of pain after running).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I convinced someone on another forum in the "weight loss" thread (I participate for support & to get advice on exercise and such) to give barefoot running a try. They're going to try stretching out their feet more at the very least, and getting an analysis done on their gait to see if they can find the "right shoe". Not exactly what I meant, but better than shelling out tons of $$ for stupid Nikes built for runners that destroy your feet (she had mentioned a lot of pain after running).
    Nice! At least you got her thinking. Sometimes it just takes a few people mentioning over time to get it to sink in enough to make them want to look into the whys and hows.

Triumph: New neighbor/friend is a doctor. Found out last night, he's got celiac and is very pro-paleo/primal! I almost cheered out loud!
    My Primal Journal

Maestar is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    Nice! At least you got her thinking. Sometimes it just takes a few people mentioning over time to get it to sink in enough to make them want to look into the whys and hows.
    This is exactly the process that got me looking into paleo, and had me Googling Mark Sisson & PB. Planting the seeds works!

And my triumph for today, as I start to eat in a primal way: I actually stopped eating breakfast, and then lunch, when I was satisfied, not when I was stuffed. Such a novel concept! I feel pretty good about it as a start to this journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestar View Post
    This is exactly the process that got me looking into paleo, and had me Googling Mark Sisson & PB. Planting the seeds works!

And my triumph for today, as I start to eat in a primal way: I actually stopped eating breakfast, and then lunch, when I was satisfied, not when I was stuffed. Such a novel concept! I feel pretty good about it as a start to this journey.
    Excellent. Isn't it empowering? When suddenly your body doesn't feel desperate to gorge because it knows how to not be starving 2 hours later. True satiety. It just keeps getting better!
    My Primal Journal

Bron is offline Senior Member
    Dinner last night was about 7pm, didn't eat again till 1pm today! Normally I'd be fainting from low BSL but this didn't even hurt (I used to find hunger pangs painful). I only ate at that time because I was returning to work again and wouldn't get to eat till about 7pm tonight and didn't want to risk needing food in that time (physical job).

adameads is offline Senior Member
    Slid (comfortably) into my 36" jeans today. A couple weeks ago, I couldn't get them buttoned.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, so I'm down to my lowest weight in 2 years. 232.4!!!