Page 153 of 189 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 153

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Text sent from my daughter today:
    On that camera I found in your suitcase are pictures from 2008 during the snow storm and you look sooo different?

My response: How?

Her replies:
    You've lost a lot of weight.
    It's weird how you don't really realize till you see an old picture.

HCMark is offline Junior Member
    Three to report

One week Primal - After months of toying with it (read lots of cheats).

Read every post in this thread - Dubious Triumph but I'm claiming it.

I weigh less than 200lbs this morning - First time in 15 years.

Oh and first post on MDA!
    Last edited by HCMark; 02-16-2012 at 01:09 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Welcome aboard and nice triumphs, HCMark!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Taimis is offline Junior Member
    This might not make sense, but after finishing the Whole30, I wanted to see how I'd react if I went back to my SAD diet. I chose today to experiment. During my date with the BF, I made myself fall off the wagon: salmon and vegetable cooked in questionable oil, half a cup of rice, gelato, and caramel/cheese popcorn. I realized they no longer appeal to me and I find myself craving the food I prepared for myself during the Whole30. (The gelato was great, but I don't find it that different from a frozen banana mashed with cocoa.)

I didn't lose a lot of weight during the Whole30 (but I've lost inches!) and I'm honestly afraid this little 'falling off the wagon' experiment might have made me gain it all back (not that one night could make a failure out of all the effort put in), but I think more importantly--going strict Paleo conditioned me to want to consume only good food, good in every sense of the word, and this makes me happy. I'm so glad the SAD now has very little hold on me.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taimis View Post
    This might not make sense, but after finishing the Whole30, I wanted to see how I'd react if I went back to my SAD diet. I chose today to experiment. During my date with the BF, I made myself fall off the wagon: salmon and vegetable cooked in questionable oil, half a cup of rice, gelato, and caramel/cheese popcorn. I realized they no longer appeal to me and I find myself craving the food I prepared for myself during the Whole30. (The gelato was great, but I don't find it that different from a frozen banana mashed with cocoa.)

I didn't lose a lot of weight during the Whole30 (but I've lost inches!) and I'm honestly afraid this little 'falling off the wagon' experiment might have made me gain it all back (not that one night could make a failure out of all the effort put in), but I think more importantly--going strict Paleo conditioned me to want to consume only good food, good in every sense of the word, and this makes me happy. I'm so glad the SAD now has very little hold on me.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taimis View Post
    This might not make sense, but...
    It makes perfect sense, and I know exactly what you mean. I was out running errands yesterday, didn't think to eat before I left, and had some cash in my pocket. Before it would have been the perfect excuse to have some junk food, I had plenty of opportunity, and I really would not have felt bad about it... but as I really considered what I actually wanted, I discovered that I really just didn't want the junk food. It wasn't a rational "I know I'll regret this later", or me making good nutritional choices, I just really wanted the elk steak and buttered broccoli waiting for me at home more than I wanted pizza or mozzarella sticks or something. Amazing, innit? ;0)

Triumph: one of my very dear friends has recently signed up for the MDA forums after reading some Facebook posts on the joys of a Primal life. Spread the word, it's infectious*! =)

*the fun kind!
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I went shopping for some new workish clothes. I normally work in a tshirt and jeans office but every once in awhile I need something nicer for meetings or conferences, and I found out that my old work pants were all either a little to big to way too big. I went to the place I have been getting workish clothes from my entire adult life--Express--and was shocked to find that I now wear a size SIX pants there. And even the six is a little loose. The last time I was skinny, I wore an 8 of theirs, and even that was a little tight in the crotch.

Yeah I know about vanity sizing and all, but I think the nicer stores are more true to size than cheaper stores, so this change is shockingly real.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I bought a bikini. Something I thought would NEVER happen lol. Still feel self conscious, but working on just improving and ignoring my insecurities.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mixie View Post
    It makes perfect sense, and I know exactly what you mean. I was out running errands yesterday, didn't think to eat before I left, and had some cash in my pocket. Before it would have been the perfect excuse to have some junk food, I had plenty of opportunity, and I really would not have felt bad about it... but as I really considered what I actually wanted, I discovered that I really just didn't want the junk food. It wasn't a rational "I know I'll regret this later", or me making good nutritional choices, I just really wanted the elk steak and buttered broccoli waiting for me at home more than I wanted pizza or mozzarella sticks or something. Amazing, innit? ;0)

Triumph: one of my very dear friends has recently signed up for the MDA forums after reading some Facebook posts on the joys of a Primal life. Spread the word, it's infectious*! =)

*the fun kind!
    It is a weird feeling. I went to see a mate this week, ended up getting a takeaway between us (I had a kebab - just got rid of the pitta bread, about as well as I could do for primal eating and hadn't eaten since lunchtime to was starving). He got a pizza, asked if I wanted to share it. Being starving still I figured why not. Had about two bites of a slice and decided I really didn't want it. Wasn't enjoying it at all.

Bamboozel is offline Senior Member
    Realising that my goal of losing 10kgs by May is only 3kgs away!!! Lost 7kgs in like 45 days - even with muck up meals, drinking some alcohol and not going too hardcore. so excited.