Page 151 of 189 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 151

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Minor triumph: went to an event this weekend, part of which involved a potluck BBQ. I brought a giant, primal-style cobbler (coconut flour, eggs, and butter for the crust over heaps of backyard blackberries, very little sugar). In a sea of cakes, cookies, donuts, cupcakes, and brownies, my cobbler evaporated like a sardine in an open-water feeding frenzy. It was the first to go and when their neighbors tasted it, people were jumping up from the table before their dinner was finished to grab a serving before it ran out =D

Another triumph for the human spirit: the guest of honor... =)

“Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Effectively poisoned annoying co-workers with the ever-so-generous offering of donuts. Their reaction? "Sweet! Thanks - you're awesome!"

Muahaha. Ha.

mrsmcmeaty is offline Member
    The guest of honour looks quite relaxed and accepting about the deal!
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

mrsmcmeaty is offline Member
    Since joining I have been able to gradually reduce Metformin, doc said yesterday I can drop it entirely in 4 weeks- down from 3x750mg daily to 1x500mg daily in 5 weeks!

Blood pressure lower, not quite there yet.

Lost 3.5kg
    ; jeans falling off & nearly lost my knickers last night when wearing a skirt

Celebrated the improvements by buying a lovely new cast-iron pan, have retired non-stick ones.

All this with minimal exercise, still having some days in bed due to Chronic Fatigue. Oh, and no more migraines!
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

mixie is offline Senior Member
    He was delicious and we were all very grateful for his contribution! =D
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    For the first time in my life, I have to move clothing to a bin marked "too big to wear". I have no problems wearing super baggy clothing, and in fact prefer it, but these are clothes that I just can't keep on, they are too big!

Slightly shallow but also a triumph, at work I find myself seeing people who I always thought of as the same size as me, and now they seem way bigger than me. I'm a long, long way from thin or a good weight, but I'm finally feeling less fat. Knowing I've lost a pile of weight, and feeling less fat do not go hand in hand, not at all.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    I just realized yesterday: my fingernails are REALLY, REALLY hard. Like normally I get out of the shower and theyre all bendy, or when I wack them into something unexpectedly they fold and tear to the quick. And i think they were acting like this just LAST WEEK. But all of a sudden, yesterday I was casually flicking my nails and realized: theyre not bending. At all. I put a lot more force into it and got them to give somewhat, but it actually kinda hurt. I tried again in the shower later, and they were STILL hard.

I guess all of the crappy keratin from pre-paleo finally grew out and broke off and now im seeing the stuff that started growing six or seven months ago.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

olehcat is offline Senior Member

Semi-triumph

I've done Primal/Paleo about a week now and I have felt really great.

For the first time, I've really started to understand the big picture of the lifestyle, that eating bad food is a choice, and that I can choose not to do it. And if I do eat less than ideal food, it's not the end of the world. I brush myself off and move on.

Last night I had a situation where we had an entire break room FILLED with food and treats. I had a 12+ hour day with no time to really sit down and eat food I had brought. I was stressed and very tired by 7 p.m. I fell off the wagon a bit and had a sugary treat. However, I was able to avoid most of what was on the table (in the past I would have had a field day with all the breads, treats, cupcakes, etc.). I was able to say, hey, let's just stop after having one cookie. You don't need more. Well, I ended up having having more than one and a few bites of other things that were not so good. So while I did not avoid it altogether, as I had hoped I would, I did SO much better than I did in the past. I feel that I'm a work in progress with this lifestyle and I don't want to see myself as a failure for giving into the treats.

loulou0612 is offline Junior Member
    Today is day 7 of the 21 day total body transformation, Just a little background I am hypothyroid and have been on MFP for about 2 months with only loosing a lb...then I discovered the Primal blueprint and in the first week I have lost 4.3lbs....Anyone who knows about hypothyroid it can be very difficult to loose weight so Being a little excited is an understatement!!
    Griff that is amazing,cant wait to see where I will be in 4 months

PrimalGB is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am 50 at the end of the year and decided that I couldn't remain the weight I am or more importantly I hate how I look in clothes so am determined to look and feel better before my birthday.

So for Christmas I bought myself the PB and the two recipe books and started PB on 3rd January 2012. At Christmas I weighed in at around 245lbs and when I started Primal 240lbs. This morning I weighed just under 224lbs, significantly just under 16st here in the UK, a number I haven't seen for a while due to my lack of activity because of a back injury.

Interestingly had just done an accidental days fasting, was painfully constipated after eating too much protein, and was amazed at the impact.