Page 15 of 189 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 15

Nasno is offline Senior Member
    New Hampshire
    Shop Now
    Tonight my mma instructor mentioned that he's seen a marked improvement in my performance over the last few weeks.
    Staying calm, lots of energy, and improved speed and endurance. That made my day.

A co-worker also mentioned today that I've been in a great mood lately.

Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    all my old 38 in waist are falling off now, but I can keep them up with a tight belt.

I couldn't stand the too loose pants anymore. I found 4 pair of jeans and two pair of slacks in the closet all 36" waist that all fit pretty well. I also ordered 2 new pair of slacks that should arrive any day. I can't believe I have gone from a snug fitting 40" waist to a properly fitting 36" waist since January. I hope to have the 36" waist falling off soon!
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Griiiiffffff!!!!! That is so freakin' cool. Congrats.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    BC, Canada
    I am past the halfway mark of the 50 lbs I want to lose!

I tried on jeans at the mall, and I was down 6" in my waist, 4+" in my hips.
    Last edited by Meg-a-Tron; 05-22-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Fixed the inches.

PrimalK is offline Junior Member
    I was at the gym last night with my PT who has supported me all the way throught PB (since Oct 09) and helped me recover from herniated discs. I was being asked for tips by other gym members on a particular bodyweight activity I was doing using a BOSU and my PT told them that it was the most advanced exercise he could think of and I was the best person he'd seen doing it!!! He also told me afterwards that he was so pleased to see the real me emerge - muscles, stamina and fantastic posture and strength!

So happy!

Arikara6 is offline Senior Member
    Currently at Fort Lewis, WA
    SO - I weighed myself and had my blood pressure taken last night...

WHen I started I was 175 over some other large number... and 274 pounds (Started beginning of March-ish)

Last night I topped off at 254 pounds and 120/80 BP! NORMAL BP!!

Doctors told me I'd be on BP meds for the rest of my life!

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Central Ohio
    My newest triumph is the fact that I weigh less now than I have since 2005!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Bremerton, WA
    Today I noticed that when a coworker brought donuts in (which is rare), I didn't even flinch or get the craving that I thought I would. Hot-friggin-damn
    I definitely feel the craving for grains is for sugar...that is a battle that rages on.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Just came back from the doctor.... so, I broke 2 or 3 bones on my foot three weeks ago. I am already 90% healed and removed the cast when usually it takes about 2 months. They were amazed.

Carnivore FTW!
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

primalpanda is offline Member
    Seattle, WA
    Shop Now
    It is incredibly inspiring to read through these

I have only gotten back on the horse in the last couple weeks, but I have already had a few small triumphs that are motivating. My mom told me (and I agree, heh) that I looked like I'd lost a bunch of weight, though in reality I've maybe lost a couple lbs. I realized that I was basically mildly bloated all the time, and I feel so much better now! I'm never going back to all those grains.

Second is energy. I realized yesterday that, despite have gotten little sleep early in the week as well as having a slow, dull day at work, I was FIRED UP all afternoon. When I first dipped my toe into this WOE I noticed that swapping grains and sugar for good fat and protein abolished my afternoon conk-out, but yesterday was truly amazing. I was even energized sitting in traffic! I thought back on the week (week two of 95/5 Primal) and it's been like this for days. I didn't even realize that I was low energy before!

Third thing is hunger. I've experimented with mild IF the past couple weeks, skipping breakfast or delaying lunch for a few hours. In the past getting hungry was like a national emergency. After just three IF experiments I feel totally comfortable riding it out, and I haven't gotten shaky or foggy-headed or grouchy. Just plain ol' hunger, but nothing to sweat about. I also cut back on snacks by about 90%--I NEVER have mid-meal snacks (due to hunger) anymore. So different than in the past, it's really liberating.