Page 146 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 146

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nice work PrimalJosh!!

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Good news/bad news =)
    I just got back from a biz trip where I had to deliver a fancy-pants lecture. I took my one fancy-pants jacket/button-up shirt combo which fit just fine the last time I wore it a month or two ago. I put it on the morning of my lecture and realized the blouse and jacket were two sizes too big. Oops!
    Still have a hard time seeing any changes in the mirror, but I can't argue with empirical evidence ;0)
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I weigh less than my (really thin) husband! (Now, granted he's 6" taller than I, but this is still) 6 years since I last weighed less than him!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

PrimalJosh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TKBSJ View Post
    Nice work PrimalJosh!!
    Make that 900g hehe!
    Believe and achieve.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    My pants fell down!

I have now lost 10kgs or 8.33% of my body weight. And I do feel fantastic – swimming (my newly discovered and now preferred exercise) is really strengthening my muscles and to be able to do normal things like walk upstairs, go shopping, carry bags etc without long bouts of back pain is like a miracle. And last weekend I put on a pair of pants I hadn't worn since November, the elastic waist with a drawstring type. I've never had to use the drawstring, they have always been a firm fit. Imagine my delight when they fell down!
    Last edited by Analog6; 01-20-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    I did chin-up negatives at martial arts yesterday wearing my gi pants and a racerback tank top... two people told me I was "ripped" and my boyfriend told me I've put on a lot of upper body muscle.

This totally makes me want to go do more chin-up exercises!!!
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I did a semi-kipping pullup!!!! I did 5 of them! Semi-kipping because I was standing 3" off the ground to give my arms a 30* bend at the elbow and then jumping, but it counts, dammit!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

back2basix is offline Member
    Completed my first WARRIOR Dash today!! Completed every obstacle--even the 20ft wall that I had to pull myself up and scale back down! WOOT!!!

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    Converted my mother! 2 weeks in, she's down 8 lbs!
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My father has just told me that he and my mother will try to go wheat-free. This is a major success because my mother is the biggest bread lover I know. For her, bread is not just a carrier of other foods but a delicacy (by bread, I mean this, not the fluffy, sweetish stuff that is the "default" kind of bread in many countries). She is able to eat several slices a day just like that, with milk or tea. She has been very healthy all her live, but her blood pressure has been creeping up lately (she can go as far as 160/100). I told her she could try to eliminate cereals, sugar and vegetable oils for 2 weeks and see how it works. And my father, with a host of health problems (nothing serious at the moment, though), will follow suit. I am so happy. Please keep your fingers crossed for them - and for me.