Page 14 of 189 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 14

Brad is offline Member
    My Dad who I've guided into a solid 80/20 PB after 6 months was taken off his blood pressure meds that he has been on for 5 years. 8 months ago his Doc told him they would have to up his dosage soon. He is also down 45lbs from 8 months ago, and is in better shape at 60 than he was at 50.

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    YAY! Especially to everyone who has been taken off meds or no longer needs treatment

TrevtheEngg is offline Junior Member
    I've had a short term goal of <240 on my board for 6 months. After going primal for almost a month, I weighed in at 239 today! Nothing huge, but very motivating for me. Next goal break 230.

DebFM is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    My Dad who I've guided into a solid 80/20 PB after 6 months was taken off his blood pressure meds that he has been on for 5 years. 8 months ago his Doc told him they would have to up his dosage soon. He is also down 45lbs from 8 months ago, and is in better shape at 60 than he was at 50.
    That is awesome!!! Go Brad's dad!

betsygreen75 is offline Junior Member
    I find this amazing! Way to go!!

My mother in law who is hypothyroid and in her 60's went from 150 to 137 since mid March.

My husband who really doesn't need to lose weight went from 152 to 142 since mid March

Thanks to some really helpful posts here on the forum my scale is moving again. Mid February 157 today 149 under 150 is a GREAT THING

This is all amazing to me!

gt74 is offline Member
    A couple of small ones - Boo, I'm still given to binging when I'm bored, yay, it's nuts and fruits and not chocolate bars and cake. So, not as bad.

In the last couple of days though, and this for me is the big one, my 'thanks very much but I'm full' mechanism seems to have come back.

Haven't seen that in ten years.

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    As of today, I'm only 6 lb away from being in the normal weight range and 10 lb away from my goal weight. (Unfortunately my scale was reading 4 lb less than reality.)
    Last edited by Mirrorball; 06-05-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Feanor78 is offline Senior Member
    In about 8 weeks I've lost 26lbs+ and gone down 2 belt loops (I would assume that's about 2 inches?) - I also started lifting weights again and I can see a bunch of muscle regrowing in my legs and shoulders... this has been a very successful experiment so far!

EDIT: the triumph that made me want to post here - yesterday I wasn't supposed to work, but I went in from 11-5 because one of my employees was sick. I moved with super speed from work to the gym, did 20 minutes of totally crazy complexes, and felt so good I went for a 45 minute walk and got some late afternoon sun. What a good alternative to going home and passing out on the couch after work!
    Last edited by Feanor78; 05-17-2010 at 08:32 AM.

wnt2bgrn is offline Junior Member
    This is day 6 back on for me and I am feeling amazing!!! Have been trying desperately to get back on track for a few months and I have finally made it through the flu-ey fog and it just feels so good to be me. Fatigue, crankiness, depression are gone and I have enough experience this time with falling off to just say no to all the sugar that is offered. I made it through an entire weekend of entertaining/going out and I stuck to primal eating the entire time. I feel as if this time I am really going to make this my lifestyle.

kmacphee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    These triumphs are fantastic! I am proud of all of you!

My most recent triumph is that after years of constant hunger and worry about maintaining my blood sugars, I have been liberated from the 3-4 meals + 3-4 snacks a day habit to 3 meals + 1 occasional snack per day. This may not seem to be much, but for me the ability to go 6-7 hours without feeling hungry or worrying about the nasty low blood sugar shakes/headache/irritability creeping in is a wonderful feeling. Thank goodness for eating more fat/protein and less carbohydrates, real food and no more processed stuff!

This is a great community.