Page 133 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 133

SleepyRoots is offline Member
    I got something!
    Grocery shopping used to be an exercise in itself, done at most once a week, every two weeks if possible, and requiring major resting for two days after at least.

I just made my grocery list, debating how much fresh things to buy, as I am leaving for a little holiday in a weeks time. And I erred on the side of too little with the thought of 'I can always go again'. OMG! I have spare energy. That's going to make this so much easier.

P.S. In fact I just came back from shopping, and I feel not wiped out, but still full of energy. Love it

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean, SleepyRoots. Not feeling wiped out by a simple trip to the grocery store *is* a huge change.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    The more I've been reading and learning about cooking (especially meat cooking) the more I've been transitioning to cast-iron cookware. Today, I hauled out my new big 12 inch skillet and realized that I was hooking my meal AND getting a decent arm workout all in one!
    My kiddos like to tell others about the history of cast iron in America any time they can (frequent, since we bring our favorite skillet anytime we'll be cooking anywhere): "People complained about the heavy skillets, so they bought lightweight stuff and then started going to the gym to lift weights!"

So proud, lol.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

sarah1990 is offline Senior Member
    So after majorly falling off the wagon, I am now 24 hours sugar free!! I feel so happy to be restarting the process.

I did this once I can do it again and failing is no longer an option as when I leave Canada early next year I'll be moving to Oz for 8 months and want to look hot in a bikini!

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I have started going to the gym with my 15 year old son (football player, wrestler, big kid). We have started getting competitive and lifting heavy. Tonight we were doing incline leg presses and I was doing about 675 lbs. Considering that I have only been going to the gym about 2 weeks, I felt pretty good with that. My lower body strength has always been pretty good, now if I can get my upper body in the same shape. But the punk did 945 lbs just to show me up .

56 years old, multiple knee surgeries, I'm happy with 675.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    I had been eating 80/20 primal for ~1.5 years, feeling good, but with no measurable results (still had elevated morning fasting blood glucose levels in the 100s-120s, and hadn't dropped an ounce of the excess fat I have). On August 1, I went completely grain-, legume- and alcohol-free (except for a few small legume cheats), upped my frequency and duration of intermittent fasting (now, at least 1 24-hour fast per week, and most days, a 16-20-hr fast), and started taking r-lipoic acid a few days a week.

Yesterday morning upon waking, I tested my blood glucose level, for the first time since I started being strict primal: 65 mg/dL! To be sure that the reading wasn't a fluke, I took a duplicate reading, which was 62. I am *so* relieved that it only took ~3 months to go from problematic, pre-diabetic-level fasting morning readings, down to the optimal range. And, due to the IFing & cutting out the junk, I am finally dropping the fat, as well. I am thrilled!!!
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 11-10-2011 at 11:05 AM.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    I had been eating 80/20 primal for ~1.5 years, feeling good, but with no measurable results (still had elevated morning fasting blood glucose levels in the 100s-120s, and hadn't dropped an ounce of the excess fat I have). On August 1, I went completely grain-, legume- and alcohol-free (except for a few small legume cheats), upped my frequency and duration of intermittent fasting (now, at least 1 24-hour fast per week, and most days, a 16-20-hr fast), and started taking r-lipoic acid a few days a week.

Yesterday morning upon waking, I tested my blood glucose level, for the first time since I started being strict primal: 65! To be sure that the reading wasn't a fluke, my duplicate reading was 62. I am *so* relieved that it only took ~3 months to go from problematic, pre-diabetic-level fasting morning readings, down to the optimal range. And, due to the IFing & cutting out the junk, I am finally dropping the fat, as well. I am thrilled!!!
    You've inspired me, I'm going to do IF more often. How long did you go? 14 hours?
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Trifith is offline Senior Member
    I've done several IFs in the last few weeks. Usualy a dinner-dinner fast. Really helped me get a handle on what hungry feels like.
    Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

You've inspired me,
    cool!

I'm going to do IF more often. How long did you go? 14 hours?
    Experiment to determine what works best for you -- everyone is different. I had started out doing more-extended fasts (18-20ish hours), and had seen great results (I can actually feel the fat burning off!). Then, I started slipping into shorter (14-16 hour) fasts, and before I realized it, I had hit a plateau -- no fat loss for quite a while, and I didn't experience the same other benefits (more energy, etc.) as from my longer fasts. When I realized that I might need to start increasing my fast lengths, sure enough, I immediately started feeling the difference again. I try to keep in mind that there is a "sweet spot" in the fast, starting around hour 12-14, up until 24 hours, when fat burning is at a maximum. Once I hit 14 hours, I remind myself that the "real" fast has just begun.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthseekerKate View Post
    cool!

Experiment to determine what works best for you -- everyone is different. I had started out doing more-extended fasts (18-20ish hours), and had seen great results (I can actually feel the fat burning off!). Then, I started slipping into shorter (14-16 hour) fasts, and before I realized it, I had hit a plateau -- no fat loss for quite a while, and I didn't experience the same other benefits (more energy, etc.) as from my longer fasts. When I realized that I might need to start increasing my fast lengths, sure enough, I immediately started feeling the difference again. I try to keep in mind that there is a "sweet spot" in the fast, starting around hour 12-14, up until 24 hours, when fat burning is at a maximum. Once I hit 14 hours, I remind myself that the "real" fast has just begun.
    Ok sounds good. I hit a terrible plateau. It might have something to do with all the wheat treats I've snuck in, plus no fasting, AND to top it all off I have little support.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok sounds good. I hit a terrible plateau. It might have something to do with all the wheat treats I've snuck in, plus no fasting, AND to top it all off I have little support.
    Well, good luck! I know how those treats can creep into your lifestyle... a little bit once in awhile turns into a little bit every day. Dang Halloween fun-size bars got me into the habit of having "a little something sweet" on most days in the past week. :P Thinking about doing 100% primal just to get that sugar out of my system.