Page 13 of 189 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 13

Repicheep is offline Member
    Out of a backpack, but Paris, France/Colorado
    Primal Fuel
    I just broke my first 24 fast (breakfast to breakfast).

Yesterday, I ate between 6 and 7. I went to school. I went to three classes, the last one ending at 5:30 pm. I then went to Krav Maga at 8 pm. I didn't get home until 11:30. Went to bed, woke up this morning, had breakfast.

I was only a bit hungry when my third class rolled around, and then I forgot about it after that. I had no problems physically at Krav Maga, and in fact was able to keep up just as well, if not better, than I normally do.

This morning, I was 120. About a month ago, I was 127 (granted, I've been 120 before, I just tend to screw it up by indulging somewhere around this number).

And I feel awesome.
    Last edited by Repicheep; 05-04-2010 at 10:56 PM.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Griff, it's great. More to come. When I lost my excess fat I went from 44 to 34 in 4 months or so. I'm 32 now.

Definitly improves self esteem to continue when MEASURABLE progress is taken!

Keep it up. Dont stop until 32-34... that way.

DebFM is offline Senior Member
    I really dig reading other people's success stories. My most recent triumph is that I'm buy size 10 pants off the rack. This is the smallest I've been in over 10, maybe 12 years! Love it!

Even better - I got my T2 diabetic mom to go primal when I did. She has diabetic retinopathy (overgrowth of capillaries) and was going blind in one eye. Periodically she has to have laser treatments to halt the progression of the disease. Today she had her check up with the eye doc and the retinopathy has completely STOPPED and her other eye is in excellent condition She doesn't need any more laser treatments! She was so happy she was crying & so was I. I love it that I've lost weight, but this news was far more important to me than that. I am incredibly happy about this.
    Last edited by DebFM; 05-05-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: I totally can't type worth a frig

Sherryl is offline Member
    Griff.......first....sorry to hear about your father (my heart goes out to you).

I love your story and what an inspiration to all! I look forward to following in your life long journey !

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    I went into a colleague's classroom where a couple other teachers were hanging out to chat for a minute after school; instead of having to sit on the heater or perch on the edge of a table, I sat in a student desk (the one-piece chair/desk combo).

I FIT!!!

Almost comfortably--and not noticeably uncomfortably. What's next??? Rollercoasters??? (Um, not.)

Lolly is offline Member
    I ran 7 road miles in my VFFs today (longest run yet in them, aspire to a 1/2 in the fall in them), have almost completely kicked my caffeine habit (a very slow taper) and my rheumatologist is onboard with me potentially stopping Enbrel given how well I am doing as long as the next set of xrays show no further joint degeneration. I also went on a well-deserved primal shopping spree at Whole Foods and am feeling so good about the future!!!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Echo everyone's sentiments about how great you are all doing.

I'm now feeling comfortable in my clothing, the muffin top is diminishing. I bought a new bikini while i was on holiday (this is huge, bikini shopping = hell) I've lost approx 4kg (8lbs). I ate chicken with the skin on the other day! I am not afraid of cream or coconut milk either. I practically never eat pasta or rice now - if I do, i'm usually swiping a bit off my boyfriends plate just for the hell of it. I am exercising twice a week and have made every session for the last 5 weeks in a row (bar 1 when I was away on holiday). The biggest thing of all, my greatest triumph to me at least, is just being more AWARE ... of what I'm eating, of how I'm feeling.

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    might not be much. but today there was a chocolate mint biscuit in the freezer. it was the last one out of the pack (i didnt eat any they are my husbands i swear!!) he wasnt home. i eyed it off for a while because i was hungry. i grabbed it up in its packet looked at it for a while in my hand then chucked it in the bin and made sure it was all nasty and covered in bin stuff. then i opened a can of tuna and mixed in some hotsauce, lemon juice salt and pepper and ate that instead. victory over sugar!
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    my 27 inch skinny jeans are starting to get loose around my abdomen - the corework is working. nice.
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eva View Post
    my 27 inch skinny jeans are starting to get loose around my abdomen - the corework is working. nice.
    I guess they are your "fat" jeans now... lol.