Page 129 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 129

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jandge View Post
    Not being utterly scared or devastatingly guilty about eating a piece of cake anymore - because one slice of cake every 6 months just doesn't matter in the big picture.
    I love this. Food should not hold such power over us and it is awesome when primal eating breaks you free from emotional head games. When I choose to eat non-primal food now I do it guilt free.

SteveO is online now Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppy View Post
    For probably the first time ever, I'll be self-conscious because my clothes are too loose
    Love it!

Nanodot is offline Junior Member
    My triumph - I no longer feel like I have rheumatoid arthritis, or fibromialgia, or whatever it was that made my muscles and joints hurt all the time, like I was a little old lady.

I suspect that I have a wheat allergy, causing systemic inflammation and pain. Going Paleo got me off wheat long enough to discover it. Last time I ate wheat at my cheat-meal, I hurt for three days. I'm going to do one more experiment later this week, and then go to an allergist.

With the systemic inflammation stopped, my ordinary pollen allergies are less severe, and I'm getting fewer migraines.

At any rate, I feel better than I have in years!

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I love this. Food should not hold such power over us and it is awesome when primal eating breaks you free from emotional head games. When I choose to eat non-primal food now I do it guilt free.
    Totally agree! Food used to be such an emotional issue for me, and a source of excessive guilt and self-hate. I had no control and thought I was just a weak-willed loser for not being able to resist sweets and snacks. Now it's just not a big deal - I'm hungry, I eat and then I don't think about food until I'm hungry again. No more guilt, no more emotional eating.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

hbmcracer is offline Member
    Sitting here in training, smelling cinnamon rolls and not eating them.

Down to 208.8 ... 22.6 lbs in 3to months.
    July 25 - 231.4
    Aug 25 - 220
    Sep 26 - 214
    Oct 26 - 208.8

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    20 years old. Now discovering that boners get much harder than what I had previously. I basically added an inch with primal because of a stronger erection.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

markg001 is offline Junior Member
    That's really nice man.
    Burton Luggage

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyh View Post
    Now it's just not a big deal - I'm hungry, I eat and then I don't think about food until I'm hungry again. No more guilt, no more emotional eating.
    Yup.
    This whole "eating to satiation" thing is a total triumph for me. Now that I'm truly "nourished", I relate to food totally differently. It turns out that all that obsession and compulsion was simply how a perpetually over-fed and undernourished brain relates to food.
    How f*king easy it is to eat well when your brain is well-fed... it almost makes me furious to think about how long I tortured myself, and well-meaning CW advice-givers tortured me.

My personal "in the face of cheap Halloween candy everywhere" triumph: I have not bought a single sack of mini Junior Mints boxes. NOT EVEN ONE.
    Last edited by mixie; 10-27-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    I've lost 30 in and 60 pounds since June 17!!!!
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Scale said 139 lbs this morning. I made it over another plateau! Hoping for another 10 lb loss by the new year. Starting weight - 184 lbs in March 2011.