Page 127 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 127

Uppy is offline Member
    A few recent triumphs since starting this on Oct 1. Small triumphs, but triumphs nonetheless.

- resisting the box of cookies my supervisor brought in for her birthday
    - staying under 300lbs for more than a week - probably permanent now though
    - actually feeling pretty decent after hunting and working on the farm the whole weekend, which incidentally is the most ideal primal workout I can think of: 8-10 hours of slow, steady work with nice, meaty meals interspersed throughout!
    - putting on my nice pants for a presentation in my grad class tonight and finding them almost comically loose. For probably the first time ever, I'll be self-conscious because my clothes are too loose

Keep the triumphs coming, people! They're truly inspiring!

NurseMama5 is offline Senior Member
    Four months ago I was a tight 20. Today I bought a size 14 pants, tight but I can button them! I'm getting soooo close to "normal sizes"
    "I tried to call the nurse again, but she's bein' a little bitch....I think I'll get outta here." Pink

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I HAVE to put my pants in the dryer now.. not that it does much good
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

wilmamiller32 is offline Junior Member
    hey guys thanks for sharing

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    This weekend I was visiting some friends in LA. I loaned one of these friends my copy of Good Calories Bad Calories a month ago, and ever since she read it they have become hard-core paleo/primal converts. We ate lots of meats and veggies, and had our own private grok-fest on the beach: lifting driftwood, throwing driftwood like a spear, tossing driftwood like a caber, and doing wheelbarrows in the sand. We all had so much energy and just reveled in being physically active in the sun (see my new icon for photo proof!)
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    We need larger photo evidence! (Don't tell Mrs. Griffin I said that!)
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    We need larger photo evidence! (Don't tell Mrs. Griffin I said that!)
    LOL well id post the pictures of us throwing the wood around but I kinda look like an idiot in those ;D
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Arscott is offline Junior Member
    When I started eating more healthfully back in January (Not primal, but still better than before. Primal didn't start until June.) I was 217.8 lbs, which on my 5'8" frame wasn't very flattering. Just weighed myself this morning and the scale read 169.8. I haven't seen the 160's since high school!!! My goal is to be down to 165 by Christmas, which at this rate seems totally attainable. I'm noticing some definition coming back to my stomach, and the size 12 jeans I bought in August are feeling pretty baggy already. I was a size 18, almost size 20 when I started doing this... I never thought I'd get back into a size 10 before the year was out, but it's sure lookin' that way All while eating delicious foods and having tons of energy. Love, love, love this way of life!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am UNDER 300! WHOOP!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

mixie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I am UNDER 300! WHOOP!
    Cheeeeeeeeeeers! Feels GOOD to jump those hurdles, doesn't it? I started out above 300, now I'm secretly thinking about how I can practice Parkour-style "moves" at the park without anyone staring ;0)
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude