BP was 149/80 is now 124/64
    Resting pulse was 82 now 60
    BMI was 46 now 38

still a ways to go but this is so encouraging

Thanks Mark,
    The Happy Wanderer - my health blog

tsd
    tsd is offline Member
    I've been primal for 4 months now, and running in VFFs for the last two. I ran a 10k yesterday and set a new PR. The old PR was from early 2010. Extremely confident I will be able to beat my standing 5k PR (set way back in 2008 and haven't really been close to it since) in the last race of the season, and not only that but pretty sure I'll finally break that 20-minute barrier while I'm at it. I don't think I've ever felt as good running as I did yesterday.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    OK, so, before becoming the Primal Beast that I now am, I used to be sickly and miss a lot of work. As such, my paid time off (PTO) bank at work was always running on empty.

Now that I'm Primal, I'm never sick. Nor do I even need "mental health" days any longer.

I just checked, and my bank has been built up to 182 hours of paid time off. 1-8-2, bitches! (That's 22.75 days off with pay.) BOOYAH!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    OK, so, before becoming the Primal Beast that I now am, I used to be sickly and miss a lot of work. As such, my paid time off (PTO) bank at work was always running on empty.

Now that I'm Primal, I'm never sick. Nor do I even need "mental health" days any longer.

I just checked, and my bank has been built up to 182 hours of paid time off. 1-8-2, bitches! (That's 22.75 days off with pay.) BOOYAH!
    Almost up to the annual level of a federal employee! That's pretty impressive.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    I went to my first Crossfit session last night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, felt I did pretty well, and I'm not too sore today!! I'm so excited to go back on Friday!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post

Wow! That is so awesome Tigerlily. Actual quantifiable proof that your health continues to improve

mixie is offline Senior Member
    When I first bought these jeans I'm wearing, they were... quite snug. There were times I wasn't sure I'd be able to get them zipped.

I just realized I can now pull them down without unbuttoning/zipping them. Last night my pajama pants fell off as I was walking up the stairs (lol). Last winter, I could barely zip my winter coat. I put it on today and had four or five inches to spare. Hooray!
    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

tplank is offline Senior Member
    Did my first pull-up last night. Ever.

Trust me...it will not be the last.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockin Grok View Post
    Now i get all the "skin head" jokes from my friends because I am 6'7" german with blonde hair and green eyes... Oh well..
    Well, hello . . .

TPG
    TPG is offline Junior Member
    It just feels good to have my clothes swimming around me after years of trying to squeeze into whatever size I`ve been about to grow out of. And to feel the muscles growing on my body. It feels so good!