Page 123 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 123

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it funny how having confidence in yourself and how you look changes how people see you? I think it is great to get compliments like that!

Now, if only someone would whisper in my ear how sexy i am I would be thrilled.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I fasted almost all day. I woke up, had a lot of stuff to do, wasnt hungry at the time, so I was like, "Well Ill just start getting to work and see how long I last before I get too hungry." I lasted till 5:30! I had a couple points during the day when I was a little hungry (mostly from seeing food for sale around town, food that I couldnt eat anyway :P) but it cleared up right away every time once I got distracted by something else. It wasnt till I got home and had a little unsweetened cranberry juice splashed in soda water that my body kicked over and was "NOW IS THE TIME FOR FOODS." I ate ceviche and half a roast chicken, it was awesome. ^_^
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Mrs. Griffin's and my daughter has claimed she is mad at us for ruining her favourite foods for her: French Fries and Pasta. She no longer enjoys them as much as she once did. Score one for the Primal Griffin Parents!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I just posted my best fitness score in probably 7 or 8 years (of an 11-year career in the Army Reserve). I run less and enjoy my workouts more, while getting better results than I have since my initial training days. I am also feeling completely rehabilitated from my kneecap break 6.5 years ago.

I'm going to max that fitness text next spring.

mammlouk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I just posted my best fitness score in probably 7 or 8 years (of an 11-year career in the Army Reserve). I run less and enjoy my workouts more, while getting better results than I have since my initial training days. I am also feeling completely rehabilitated from my kneecap break 6.5 years ago.

I'm going to max that fitness text next spring.
    That's awesome! I have been thinking that even though I separated from the Air Force 4 years ago I may have to give myself one of their fit tests soon to see how I make out!
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    My hubby voluntarily gave up the spray can whipping cream that a couple of months ago he swore he would always have. Score one for heavy whipping cream!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I just ate all the fatty parts of a pork shoulder roast with 3/4 of the carrots and onions that went with it and a hefty portion of roasted potatoes. It probably added up to about 4000 calories. I will be about 0.1lbs lighter by tomorrow (based on past experiences with roasts).

And yes, potatoes are primal. Plus I'm mostly Irish and it's fall.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Reva4Jay is offline Junior Member
    a great idea for a post!

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    My labs are fraking awesome after only 6 months and probably really after 6 weeks...... I rule
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not really my triumph, but when I went to Whole Foods to pick up coconut milk, there were only 4 cans left of the regular kind...but the shelf was overflowing of the lite version. Yay! People are learning! (on a side note...I took the last 4 cans of regular...tehe! ^^

edit:

Went again today, and there was only 1 can of regular left, and there were still the same amount of lites! Yay!!
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 10-09-2011 at 11:12 PM.