Page 121 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 121

bruiserbrody is offline Junior Member
    One year younger today. 39 feels better than 29.

6'-2" male
    Went from 285 lbs to 196 lbs in a little over a years time.
    Tight 40" pants to loose 34"
    I don't think that I've lost an ounce of muscle.

Acid re-flux totally eliminated (Was pretty bad)
    Joint pain eliminated (was bad and getting worse)
    Digestion greatly improved to what feels optimal (I'll save you the details of how bad it was)
    Recurring hemorrhoids have vanished (knock on wood)
    Improved resting heart rate and blood pressure (not really bad before but still better)
    Moments of clarity have morphed into a near constant of clarity.
    I could keep going but that's enough for now.

Thanks to Mark Sisson and Jack Kruse and the many others that provide the feed trough of knowledge for us to gorge ourselves in.

hbmcracer is offline Member
    I know the body fat impedence scales are not accurate but I bought one to hopefully see a downward trend. Well the last few times I've stepped on it it's said between 33.8 and 34.4.....when I started in July it was reading between 39.9 and 42.3.
    July 25 - 231.4
    Aug 25 - 220
    Sep 26 - 214
    Oct 26 - 208.8

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    I do kung fu. We've been working on this really cool but really annoying form. There's this move where you go from standing to a cross-legged sitting position -- but you're not actually sitting, your butt is hovering a couple inches off the floor. Then you have to leap out of this position, do a 360-degree spin in the air and finish it off with a crescent kick.

Anyway, I've been having a hard time with the first part of that, due to poor leg strength and poor balance.

Yesterday, I TOTALLY DID IT!

I was so surprised that I completely failed at the jumping crescent kick, lol. But I was too excited to care.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CattyB View Post
    My 14 year old son just came in with his shirt off -- "look, Mom... I'm not husky anymore!" He's not as on board with primal as the DH and I, but that clearing out the pantry and fridge has really made a (10-15lb) difference in him, too! (proud/smug mom blush)
    This is were it really hits home - We care about ourselves but our kids have our heart! So happy for you and your family! Just last weekend my 15 yr old daughter w/ the body to die for asked to go jeans shopping as her old jeans are now too big! She's been working out primally for the last few weeks and it has made a difference for an already active teen. She never lost inches doing swim team workouts this summer!

hbmcracer is offline Member
    Just had another one. Did 3 dead-hang pullups. I think I'm going to set a goal of 10 by Thanksgiving.
    July 25 - 231.4
    Aug 25 - 220
    Sep 26 - 214
    Oct 26 - 208.8

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    After nearly 18 months of eating mostly primal, my husband has the okay from his doc to go off lipitor. Everything is back to normal limits in his lipid panel. Initially the doc was very reluctant, even with improved lab results, since there's a strong family history. But 6 months ago, he reduced the dose by half from 20 mg, then halved again 3 months ago (that 5 mg is not even really a therapeutic dose...), and now nothing. He'd been on the med for about 7 years...

elizabeth4126 is offline Junior Member
    my first post in the thread

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Mrs. Griffin and I were talking to the Mom to one of our daughter's friend yesterday. She had seen us out walking a few days earlier and she said that she didn't recognize me! She couldn't figure out who Mrs. Griffin was walking with.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

recursion is offline Junior Member
    today i walked into the store wearing size 48" pants
    then i walked out with size 44"
    i've been primal about two months
    goodness gracious.

Westly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats Recursion!! I'm in the same size pants, and started out in the same size pants as well!! I'm able to wear 42s, but they're a little tight for long sittings. O.o

But, today I took my blood sugar... and I got 85! (I'm still a pretty chunky kid, and my mom's blood sugar was 156!)
    Down from 275 to 250!
    Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
    Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!