Page 12 of 189 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 12

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It is great to read about everyone's successes, here is mine.

I have officially lost 40 pounds since December 26th. In early December I had finally admitted defeat and purchased 3 pair of 40 in waist slacks. They are all going to Goodwill now and all my old 38 in waist are falling off now, but I can keep them up with a tight belt. However all my shorts were falling off no matter what I tried and it is tough to sprint with your pants around your knees.

I went to the store and tried on some 36 in waist shorts and they were a bit loose. Knowing that if I keep this up they wouldn't last long I grabbed a pair of 34in waist with a bit of an elastic waistband and they actually fit, there a little tight, but hey I should be able to sprint in them for a little bit at least. I haven't been able to squeeze into a 34in waist in at least 12 years.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    That's really awesome and super inspiring, Kev. GREAT JOB.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

brp
    brp is offline Member
    Dropped 30 lbs in 8 weeks 220 to 190... pullups increasing... run time increasing...

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    say_rahhh

Thanks, it does feel good to be able to get into the same size I wore in highschool
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I won my company's fitness challenge last week

soniayak is offline Member
    Yay!!!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    I won my company's fitness challenge last week
    Was it even a contest?
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Grok of Ages is offline Junior Member
    Great story, Griff. Everybody seems to have a successful narrative.

Mine goes like this: started the PB on February 16th, about 2.5 months ago. At the start, I weighed 228.5 pounds. Roughly 75 days later, I'm at 207.5, gone through 2 pants sizes and have resorted to creating holes in my belt with an ice pick. Going primal has also enhanced my sense of cheapness - I'm not about to buy a belt!

Also getting much more sun, doing a little IFing every now and then...this is easier than I ever imagined. I wanted to be around 200 pounds before my trip to Myrtle Beach in August. After such impressive results, I'm thinking 190.

Mark's book says 2 pounds per week is a realistic benchmark. I'm basically right there.

- Grok of Ages

jadeocean is offline Member
    Everyone is having such great results! Awesome!

Today was a triump for me because I have not been hungry. Since doing PB I've gone through days where I just didn't eat much or I planned a 17 hr IF but today I never got hungry, I love it! This never would have happened to me before, I'd have eaten like clockwork and had headaches in between meals for more sugar. I ate 3 eggs in cooonut oil/6 oz. hot sausage/espresso w/coconut milk for breakfast at 7:45, and haven't wanted anything since, I also ran 1.5 miles and walked 1 mile and did some strength work....this is wonderful, I finally feel like I'm understanding my body and how hunger works. I honestly don't think I've ever known what true hunger was until PB.
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Agatsu is offline Member
    Great job everyone! Here's a little victory from this weekend...

I am a Scout leader and we had a weekend campout, that included two days of backpack hiking. 14 miles the first day, and 10 the second. Both days in the Kettle Moraines of Wisconsin (big old hills and such). When I started PB in February I was 30 pounds heavier and never would have made it through either day. I'm sore as all get out, but made it.
    Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
    - Ralph Marston