Page 118 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 118

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I took first place in forms and in board breaking today in a tae kwon do tournament. Not too shabby for a 40-year-old woman training to be a superhero! OK, maybe it's not a Primal success story -- but it's success!

(And we celebrated by going out for dinner. I had a glass of red wine and passed on the rice.)

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Went to the cinema today...bounded up 40 stairs no problems, lol. People were staring ;_; It used to be that 'd be puffed out WALKING up the stairs there.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Love love love the primal triumphs. Breaking floors and bounding up stairs, love it. Health & strength!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Love love love the primal triumphs. Breaking floors and bounding up stairs, love it. Health & strength!
    I was just really surprised at myself! lol

KatyNC is offline Senior Member
    I went to change into my scrubs at work and fit into a smaller size! And..... I was walking through the living room and he said "those pants are pretty loose on you, they used to be tight, right?" Why yes, yes they are loose. I winked and walked away in my loose pants. *smile*

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Went to the cinema today...bounded up 40 stairs no problems, lol. People were staring ;_; It used to be that 'd be puffed out WALKING up the stairs there.
    A couple weeks ago I was at a Giants game, great seats (I won them in my company raffle) on the first deck really close to the field. Although it was a bit of a hike to get up to the concourse level, the stairs are nice and wide to give it a more gradual slope. I was getting a little antsy sitting in my chair for the hours we were there, so everytime I went up to go to the bathroom (or get a beer....>.>) I bounded my way up the stairs. I was in my VFFs, and I reveled in how easy it was to bounce up from one stair to another, balancing on the balls of my feet and only landing on each step once. A lot of people definitely were looking at me in surprise, especially since I made such a contrast against the people slowly shuffling their way up and down the steps hauling platters of garlic fries.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    A couple weeks ago I was at a Giants game, great seats (I won them in my company raffle) on the first deck really close to the field. Although it was a bit of a hike to get up to the concourse level, the stairs are nice and wide to give it a more gradual slope. I was getting a little antsy sitting in my chair for the hours we were there, so everytime I went up to go to the bathroom (or get a beer....>.>) I bounded my way up the stairs. I was in my VFFs, and I reveled in how easy it was to bounce up from one stair to another, balancing on the balls of my feet and only landing on each step once. A lot of people definitely were looking at me in surprise, especially since I made such a contrast against the people slowly shuffling their way up and down the steps hauling platters of garlic fries.
    Pretty much exactly what happened to me. lol

primalfamily is offline Member
    I am weaning off my PPI. no more prilosec. been taking zantac (ranitidine) for last 3 days. will be reducing dose as time goes on until I can quit for good.

mammlouk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    All I got from this was "[delicious] platters of garlic fries!"
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by mammlouk View Post
    All I got from this was "[delicious] platters of garlic fries!"
    lol, Im not gonna lie, if whomever Im with gets some of them, imma steal one or two.

Pro sporting events are pretty much a paleo-food-desert, so if I decide to eat food there, I do make concessions (ha). For example, I've decided that hotdogs without buns are just gross, so the best I can do is chicken strips. Yes, they're breaded, but its not like Im going to games every weekend. Anyway, the chicken strips sold at AT&T park normally come with a huge serving of aforementioned garlic fries, and while I will have a couple fries, a whole plate of them is bad news. I went to two games this year, and both times I went to the same booth and asked for just the strips without the fries. Luckily, both times I was served by this nice, older Asian lady, who sneaked me some extra strips in place of the fries, even though she totally wasn't supposed to (cause the meat is more expensive, of course).
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!