Page 116 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 116

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by mammlouk View Post
    I have to say that people who say things like this astonish me. I may choose not to have any donuts or pastries, but I will absolutely never get to a place when I have no desire for them.
    Never say never. I've been doing this 18 months, and for me, and many others, it's hormonal (or gut-related, or something, but very much internal and changeable). I've had increasingly longer windows where I just couldn't care less about sweets. I even had a week this summer where it was so much meh that I had my favorite dessert in the world - cheesecake - as an option in front of me and I tried and tried to want it, but couldn't. Just. didn't. care.

Nothing short of a miracle when compared to where I came from. It's a long, long journey, but I'm getting close and some day, it won't just be longer and longer windows, it'll be all the time. I never, ever could have imagined it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockin Grok View Post
    Look at where my VFFs took me today... First time I have been up here in 10 years. The "pinnacle" Appalachian trail Hamburg PA... did about a 8 mile trek yesterday.
    That first pic should be a VFF ad!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I love that first picture - it looks breathtakingly beautiful up there.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    My boyfriend asked me to pick up some milk & cereal ([[cringe]] I could not think of the last harmful cereal so just got the knock-off Cheerios he wanted, which are at least low in sugar) the other day. Being me, I bought the 1% organic milk (still not a great option, but less shit added to it, even though there's 12g of sugar!). He said "Organic?" with a disbelieving face. I said, "Yeap." Later I asked him why he was skeptical about it, turns out he was only worried about cost (sweet of him considering he isn't paying for anything right now...not). I ventured to ask, "if I got whole milk, would you drink it?" and he answered: "I like milk."

Hopefully I can find some less contaminated milk that's not really pricey in the future, because I might indulge in some too!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Success!: lift - YouTube

(Deadlifted 405... for 3 reps)

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Success!: lift - YouTube

(Deadlifted 405... for 3 reps)
    good job

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    I have mythical city abs. Those are abs which are only visible at a certain time of day under the right lighting. Oh, and I think my hair loss might be reversing. That's a good thing because 20 year olds shouldn't have a receding hair line.
    I would've been bald by 30 on my old diet.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

jonashardis is offline Junior Member
    Hi all. I am relatively new to Primal - I started on August 8, 2011. In my first 44 days I have lost 20.5 lbs. In fact, I just hit the last notch on my belt! I know that I still have quite a ways to go, but it feels great. I am really loving this lifestyle, and I love to share it with people...oddly enough they actually like to listen. Small triumphs can only lead to a greater victory, right?!?
    Last edited by jonashardis; 09-22-2011 at 07:07 PM.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    I have mythical city abs. Those are abs which are only visible at a certain time of day under the right lighting. Oh, and I think my hair loss might be reversing. That's a good thing because 20 year olds shouldn't have a receding hair line.
    Ive said it once, Ill say it again: I for one find fit guys who are bald or balding attractive But grats on making improvements!

Also, welcome Jonas! And congrats to you too! In the paraphrased words of Roy Schneider, "You're gonna need a shorter belt"
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    HA.... I cut all my hair off at 23 because it was to think on top to do anything with... and I will never rock a comb over... FYI I just take the timmer with now attachment to me head once a week... I dont actualy shave it.

Now i get all the "skin head" jokes from my friends because I am 6'7" german with blonde hair and green eyes... Oh well..

On a side note.. the ladies love to rub a shaved head... the cats and dogs of the world kept this wonder a secret form me... jerks..

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rx'd my first CrossFit WOD today! F*@K YEAH!