Page 115 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 115

OperaDivaMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    My menstrual cycle is like clockwork. Literally a 28-day cycle for the past few months.

After years of menstruating only a few times a year, then 1.5+ years without a cycle, then only medication-assisted menstruation, then months of constant bleeding, then getting off the meds and refusing doctors' piling on the hormonal contraception recommendations... this is definitely a triumph.
    I can't wait to get to this point. How long have you been primal?

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glockin Grok View Post
    Look at where my VFFs took me today... First time I have been up here in 10 years. The "pinnacle" Appalachian trail Hamburg PA... did about a 8 mile trek yesterday.
    I am ALL about VFF hiking! Although I have the sprints and stuff gets in them all..the....time. I need to look into KSOs. ;p
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    What I think is amazing is how lately when I have a little bit of a "cheat," I no longer want to overindulge. A few weeks ago, I was at a friend's house playing board games and he made fresh brownies (to his credit, he used real butter and whole milk instead of veggie-oil and non-fat-"milk"-water). He put them in the middle of the table, where everyone proceeded to dive in. I conceded and had one, and enjoyed it with some whole milk. And then, even tho fresh, warm, tasty-smelling brownies were RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME for an HOUR, I **DID NOT FEEL THE URGE TO HAVE ANOTHER**. I mean I was like, "Oh I *could* eat one, but meh." Whereas before it would have required pure, absolute willpower to refrain from it, and I would have been miserable in the meantime.

Also this weekend I was at a friend's wedding. I ate mostly paleo all weekend, but I had some bread with cheese/butter and a big piece of their (amazing!) wedding-pie (I have decided that the cake/pie of my friends' weddings and a single piece of good-quality birthday cake on my birthday are not even cheats at all, they are required). I could have easily been hoovering bread and pie all evening, but instead I had a bit, enjoyed it, and then wandered off without much more of a thought.
    Last edited by Corvidae; 09-19-2011 at 03:33 PM. Reason: copy-edit
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    I can't wait to get to this point. How long have you been primal?
    A year and three months, but not strictly and continuously. I did have several months of breakthrough bleeding last fall, and I'm still not sure why. But I've been off metformin (for PCOS) since February or so, and have had regular cycles since March/April, I think.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    BIG thing happened here yesterday. Hubby, who is a potato chips every single day guy, asked me to throw them out!! He said they just don't taste good any more and he probably won't eat them again!! This is huge because just a couple of months ago he said he was never going to give up potato chips. I didn't even have to nag!
    Now, if I could just get him to flush the toilet.............

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    oh jesus lol
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Ephemeral is offline Junior Member
    Another recent one was I tried a bit of rice back in my diet and realise, not even that, bloated and windy - two things I haven't been for three months - experimentation and how the body reacts, nice (well not really) to get first hand example

chatyap29 is offline Junior Member
    thank you

catbreu is offline Senior Member
    Small triumph: I did my first 24 hour intermittent fast! It wasn't pre-planned. I simply was not hungry until 24 hours after having an incredibly nourishing meal (steamed grass-fed pork belly with vegetables and scrambled eggs). And the scale now registers 142. This is officially ten pounds lost in one month.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by catbreu View Post
    Small triumph: I did my first 24 hour intermittent fast! It wasn't pre-planned. I simply was not hungry until 24 hours after having an incredibly nourishing meal (steamed grass-fed pork belly with vegetables and scrambled eggs). And the scale now registers 142. This is officially ten pounds lost in one month.
    Where do you find grass-fed pork? I'm pretty sure that pigs, like humans and bears, are omnivores, and can't eat just grass.