Page 114 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 114

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Two things.
    1) I can see my abs (slightly) in the right light!
    2) The squat bar had a visible bend to it when I squatted my new pr(320lbs) today!!!
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I got my renewed drivers license today. You know how you always grumble at the mug shot? Well I looked at mine and thought - "holy crap, i look 10 yrs younger"! Then we went to a fair and I saw an old friend - she was amazed and said something loike "OMG - you've lost like 100lbs" - actually only 99, but yeah!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    @Westly: best birthday present EVAR, huh?! Pretty soon you'll be needing all-new SuperMan undies.

@Mud Flinger: !!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    My menstrual cycle is like clockwork. Literally a 28-day cycle for the past few months.

After years of menstruating only a few times a year, then 1.5+ years without a cycle, then only medication-assisted menstruation, then months of constant bleeding, then getting off the meds and refusing doctors' piling on the hormonal contraception recommendations... this is definitely a triumph.

MAlthaus is offline Junior Member
    It's been about 3 weeks of being Primal, and I've successfully managed to cut sugar out of my diet. I used to drink two cups of coffee/day, each with lots of cream and at least two teaspoonfuls of sugar. I'm now doing just fine with just the coffee and cream, and it's pretty awesome. I think I've also lost about 5 pounds, though it's hard to tell since I didn't weigh myself before starting...
    I also don't really miss sugar, and I miss baked goods every now and then - I feel like it'll be harder to resist pastries in winter and fall, but I'll tackle that when I come to it.

mammlouk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    You say that now...............just wait.
    Well, it's been 5 and a half months and I just can't see it. My wife is pregnant with our 4th right now and morning has taken over her better judgement. I was unable to resist having one of the krispy kreme's last week and a couple bites of her cinnamon roll the other day. I'm totally o.k. with it because it is manageable and I at least know what I'm getting myself into. I am usually pretty strict so I don't worry about the few cheats I do take.
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Went to the Jets game yesterday, and had only water instead of stadium food. (Ten dollars for two bottles. Oy.) I haven't really started IF yet, so it was a neat experience to skip a meal and take in all the smells of hot dogs and popcorn and beer without actually having any of it. (Later, enjoyed dinner at a Turkish restaurant -- I had grilled striped sea bass with romaine lettuce drizzled with oil and lemon. Yum!)

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    The squat bar had a visible bend to it when I squatted my new pr(320lbs) today!!!
    Ooooh I want to be able to do that! I'm back down to around 115lbs, but I can't wait for the day to break 200 =)

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spakesneaker View Post
    My menstrual cycle is like clockwork. Literally a 28-day cycle for the past few months.

After years of menstruating only a few times a year, then 1.5+ years without a cycle, then only medication-assisted menstruation, then months of constant bleeding, then getting off the meds and refusing doctors' piling on the hormonal contraception recommendations... this is definitely a triumph.
    Grats! I totally get your predicament since I had similar problems before, but since switching to primal foods (not necessarily lifestyle or servings), mine has been coming nicely as well despite all the exercise I did (previously mine disappeared once I started upping my exercise). Yay for regularity XD

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Look at where my VFFs took me today... First time I have been up here in 10 years. The "pinnacle" Appalachian trail Hamburg PA... did about a 8 mile trek yesterday.