Page 11 of 189 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 11

Timothy is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Lars1000: puffy like Vince Vaughn, lol! There's a guy who could stand a little primal living.

Every single day of primal living feels like a triumph to me. But today, I was able to throw my 12-pound sledgehammer in the air, flipping it once, then caught it again with with the same hand and swung right into my next move. Woot! Several more months of this and I may have to take my show on the road.

Also like Lars, all my "thin pants" that I ran out and bought last month are now comically loose. I think I've finally cut down to the bone around my waist so I'm going to have to go out and buy yet more. But that's not a triumph, more of a pain in the butt...

lars1000 is offline Member

Yeah, I borrowed that puffy-like-Vince Vaughn bit from the show "Entourage".

"Vince Vaughn? That puffy motherf****!"?

Geoff is offline Member

You know this has been a very inspiring thread for me. I got something else to add today. Out on a long "move slowly" day today, I finally found a connector trail that allows me to access an entirely new trail network. Incredibly beautiful scenery, wonderful trails, and some perfect locations for trail sprints. There's also a cool spot for some rock scrambling as well. I felt like a kid in a candy store today (well, ok, not one of OUR kids, but you know what I mean).

If anyone here subscribes to the view that persistence hunting was the path by which we rose to the top of the food chain, c'mon out here to Charlottesville. I've got just the spot for you to test that hypothesis. My money's on the deer.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    OK, remember when I went to a family wedding back in October and I fit into a suit that was way too small for me three months earlier? And I thought that was a milestone?

I just put on the pants of that suit and they FELL OFF ME. I'll have to go to the tailor now. EEP!

I guess I'm losing weight or something!
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i ate with my family without flipping out about calories/carbs etc, i haveained weight without thinking the world was coming to an end, i have learned to enjoy cooking eating, i have gotten a rack of people to order Mark's book!!

jadeocean is offline Member
    I love reading everyones triumphs! So inspirational!

I have dropped 1 size, and almost fit into my pants from 7 years ago, I didn't realize how long it had been since I'd worn them, I kept that 1 pair and 1 pair of my favorite shorts, I'm hoping to be in my favorite shorts by July 1.

But the best thing, I was looking in the mirror this morning(I like seeing all the changes), and I have a collarbone! I thought I was one of those women whose collarbone doesn't seem noticable and never will, but I actually can see it now, I was so excited!
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

PhilR is offline Member
    I was all excited about my Triumphant day I had yesterday. I was going to start a new post then I see Griffís. I read through the entire post. Wow a very cool read and inspirational, it almost made me forget about mine.

Here it is I went to a health fair yesterday in town they were having cholesterol screening blood work testing the works.

I had stopped taking all my meds and statins about 3 months ago after reading PB and have been about 95% primal since that time no cheat dayís nada.
    My wife found out a while back and got very upset at me because my cholesterol has been real high for a long time. Well yesterday I got my results on my total overall. ďIT WAS 169! YES 169!Ē I couldnít believe it. I was jumping up and down all afternoon. My BG was 76 and I had them retest it because I thought there had to be a mistake. To say the least Iím still jumping. Iím blown away! Iím very excited!

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Yay! These are great stories

I've been able to remain primal since my father was diagnosed with cancer on Friday. I still pack my primal lunch just like I always do, even though I'm going to the hospital or running errands. I've continued to grocery shop even though I'm tired and cranky. My boyfriend started going primal today and he wanted to postpone because I was so tired when I got home, but I told him "that's no excuse; just let me rest a little and eat dinner (yummy primal burger), and then I'll help you put a lunch together. And I did. We are ready for tomorrow!

robmedina is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
    Well yesterday I got my results on my total overall. “IT WAS 169! YES 169!” I couldn’t believe it. I was jumping up and down all afternoon. My BG was 76 and I had them retest it because I thought there had to be a mistake. To say the least I’m still jumping. I’m blown away! I’m very excited!
    That's awesome PhilR- I get so tired of people judging the way I eat and say things like , Oh you should get your cholesterol checked and your triglycerides because eating that way can't be healthy- yet, I am dropping weight and they are not- jealousy and envy is an evil spirit!

baby_huey is offline Junior Member
    Beyond the fact I've lost over 25lbs and feel great, I have one small (and somewhat silly) triumph. My moobs have all but disappeared, there is still some fat cover but nothing like they used to. Its so nice seeing the hint of muscle on my chest instead of shapely almost 'b' cups.

Page 11 of 189 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast