Page 104 of 189 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 104

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eight weeks in = 20# weight loss. That's a full 10% of my bodyweight.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    It's been 9 weeks since I've started the leptin reset and my sex drive has increased, skin looks better, sleep is great, am warmer more often, can finally tell when I'm full and I'm down 18 pounds to boot! I can wear anything between a sz 16-12 and some medium tops!
    Georgette

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    It's been 9 weeks since I've started the leptin reset and my sex drive has increased, skin looks better, sleep is great, am warmer more often, can finally tell when I'm full and I'm down 18 pounds to boot! I can wear anything between a sz 16-12 and some medium tops!
    Wow! That's quite the list of positive changes!

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    I wore a clean pair of jeans today and forgot to put a belt on. I had to buy one when I got into town because they kept falling down Might be time for some new [smaller] jeans!

scubagrok is offline Junior Member
    Im down 20 pounds in a month and a half now and feel phenominal. I really don't believe CW on anything anymore. My first experience noticing how wrong CW is was about 6 years ago when I quit smoking easily by allen carrs book. Then a few years later I found thunders place, which fixed various aheeem male issues.

I only wonder what CW I'm holding onto that I done know about yet.

JVib is offline Senior Member
    I am currently between 8 - 9% body fat.

I've been there before (in 2006), but it was a huge amount of cardio and resistance exercise and very restrictive diet, which included: tirelessly counting calories, eating 6 small meals per day (which left me feeling hungry), constant balancing of macro nutrients (am I eating the right carb/protein/fat ratios?), absolute compliance to the meal plan (my cup of oatmeal with protein powder and an apple for breakfast, etc, etc) , tons of supplements, and almost no cheating. This time I did it effortlessly.

But more importantly - I haven't fallen off the wagon since reaching that body fat % 3-4 weeks ago, and I have no urge to binge. In 2006 I was below 9% for about 5 days before I went off on a 3 month sugar binge (gaining back over 20 lbs). For me the sustainability of this life style is the true success.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubagrok View Post
    I only wonder what CW I'm holding onto that I done know about yet.
    I frequently wonder this. The list of what I've let go of in the last 10 years is incredibly long.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    I ran my first half marathon last Sunday! I finished at 02:37:15, a 12 minute mile pace. Slow but steady. I couldn't imagine even running a 5k a year ago. I am not a huge fan of chronic cardio, but it's nice to be able to say I've run a half marathon!

5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
    HDL: 46
    Trig: 49

6-23-11
    Weight: 197.2
    Total Cholesterol: 225
    LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
    HDL: 56
    Trig: 38

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Kvalhion!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

mikeyt is offline Senior Member
    i just bought some 34" jeans!!

I've been a 36 since I was 21, and even bought a couple pairs of 38" when I was really heavy. When I started primal in Feb, my 36" jeans were uncomfortably tight, now I slipped into a pair of 34" levis and it was fine!!

I'm so damn happy!