Page 101 of 189 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1887

Thread: Share a triumph! page 101

mondawg is offline Senior Member
    My son and I are cleaning out boxes from our last move (we are moving again) and he found a picture of me from 13 years ago. He said, "wow, mom, you really don't look any different!" Thanks PB!!!!!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    My new size 4 shorts are almost too big for me! Hope they'll shrink a bit...

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    I found out today that I am below 220 pounds. This is a huge success because I mainly think in kg, and 220 pounds = 100 kg. I am a double-digit person again! After probably about 10 years - don't know exactly because I would avoid the scales like the plague back then. Familiar, isn't it? I started out just a few pounds short of 300. I lost about 50 pounds on a CW-based diet but got more or less stuck. With PB things started moving agan, and I am now convinced that I am not meant to be fat and that 180 pounds is a realistic goal.

With my height, my new weight also means that I am now "just" class I obese. Not that I consider BMI particularly relevant - but on my way down these values are important milestones to me, and I celebrate each of them. The next milestone I hope to celebrate is briging my waistline to down 35 inches, which is generally considered a level representing elevated risk of various diseases for females. I am 2 inches away. I've lost almost 5 inches since early April.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    I just did a set of 4 reverse pullups! And this from the kid who was picked last for every sports team in gym class!
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Mrs. Griffin is offline Junior Member
    Yesterday, I bought new jeans - I am calling them my skinny jeans (not for the style, but because I have not seen or worn the size I bought in a long time!) I was so excited and was doing a happy dance in the change room much to my 2 daughters' delight. I have been wearing a size 16 (I believe a size 36 waist) and yesterday, bought a size 32 waist. I refuse to weigh myself - the scale is too hard for me emotionally - and so the change in pant size feels so good as it reassures me that the Primal lifestyle is making a big difference, not only in how I feel, but also in how I look.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Hooray for "Skinny Jeans" - Whooooo!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

kpdx is offline Junior Member
    I finally have a fridge again after two months without, and I am now ready to go primal. I just bought $100 of fresh food (the only packaged/processed items were condiments) and made my first meal at home in months: a pork chop, a bowl cherry tomatoes and a sliced zucchini, and a glass of whole milk.

SO HAPPY!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I'm finally out of maternity-jeans and back into my fat skinny jeans. Still 10 kilos away from fitting actual skinny-jeans though.

Liam is offline Member
    Tried on an old pair of jeans last night that 6 months ago were too small for me. Now they're too big

mammlouk is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I donated blood yesterday and it was good. For starters they didn't have to look at both arms to try and decide which one was easier to find a good vein, they just grabbed an arm and were good to go without hunting through my extra body fat. They also do blood pressure and resting heart rate. Mine were as follows.

BP: 103/69 HR: 52

I can't wait to get my complementary Cholesterol screen back even if it's not a comprehensive fasting test. My HDL has generally been low in the past with my LDL being considered acceptable. Also, when the nurse doing the actual blood draw looked at my paper she said "You're really healthy". Not bad considering I still have 30 more pounds I want to lose!
    Beginning of Primal Journey:
    Date: 4/6/2011
    Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson