Page 10 of 189 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Share a triumph! page 10

StaticAge is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

So I've been primal for five weeks and feel it's time I contributed to this inspiring thread. Kudos to Griff for starting it!

Here is my list of triumphs. Bear with me, it's long -- and it lengthens every day:

Finally feeling free of the crushing depression that I've experienced since I was very young (and the guilt associated with it, as I had a great childhood and all that).

As others have said, breaking the carb addiction is so satisfying and empowering. I love knowing that I am beholden to nothing.

Feeling like a BAMF after polishing off a delicious steak.

Becoming almost TOTALLY pain free after 7 years of back issues (herniated discs, "degenerative disc disease" at 22 years old). For me, this is INCREDIBLE. To all the doctors who told me it was a weight issue (when I was in great shape) and the surgeons who were all hot to cut me up after they saw my MRI: suck it.

Not needing to collapse into bed after work anymore.

Dreams that rival the plot lines of LOST.

Feeling like I have a wonderful and powerful secret - and I can't stop smiling to myself. It's like I'm the freaking Mona Lisa or something.

Indulging my inner contrarian by participating in something that I think is downright revolutionary (down with CW!). In fact, it feels punk as you know what - and I LOVE that. I've always been defiant, and now it's saving my life.

I'm excited about EVERYTHING.

Experiencing little bursts of glee when the grocery store clerks look disdainfully at my piles of bacon and eggs.

No longer feeling like a 90 year old pile of bones, and instead feeling like the 23 year old woman that I am. (Cue Shania Twain song...hahaha. Too far? Never.)

The fact that I thought of all these fabulous changes before remembering my initial reason for staring PB - weight loss. 12 lbs down, and it's like a little miracle to me.

Congrats to everyone in this thread. Y'all are amazing.

shepherd is offline Junior Member

Tiny piece of victory today - the CW-spouting colleague that I eat lunch with said "That weird diet you're doing is working. You look smaller." Grinned all through lunch because of that one.

In your face, Space Coyote!

Squeaker is offline Member
    NZ at the moment, soon to be back in the UK

An amazing victory (for me) - have been semi-primal for about 2 months and 90-100% primal for the last fortnight. .......

Yesterday I nabbed a cheeky scoop of my husband's cadburys creme egg (man, I used to love them....I'd almost swallow them whole, like some kind of chocolate craving snake), took one lick and thrust my finger back at him to finish cos it was so gross and sweet to me now :-D

I'm winning my freedom from sugar!

ekseattle is offline Junior Member

So I started following PB on Jan 4. I started at 261 and am now at 233. I am still working on getting my excercises in place..which means that for the most part that weight loss has been almost soley driven by what I have been eating..or not eating.

While I obviously still have a long ways to go, I am looking forward to the next few months before beach season and really curious about just how far I can take this. I have a big trip with work coming up in August to Monte Carlo and I want to be in the best shape that I have been in for the last 10 years!

Since Jan, I have been able to cut out all grains, all extraneous sugars and most dairy products-(every once in awhile I have some cheese or some cream over fruit..) I am just glad I have found a plan that I want to stick with for life. I love the food I am eating lately and I am surprised just how well it can actually work while traveling a lot for work..

DarthFriendly is offline Banned

...down a pants size. they're falling offa me.

...my fingers are burning from the jalapeno infused bacon grease because my bacon wrapped low carb jalapeno poppers are a success!! (next figuring out the right pate to fill them with instead of cheese.)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

I've got more energy than I know what to do with, yadayaydaydada, PB SSDD, but my real triumph:

I was a US size 4 verging on a size 6. I wore a size small top. Now, I'm comfortably wearing a size 2 (may have to trade down to a 0 soon), am on the same notch in my belt I used in college (2 notches down from where I was), and even an extra small shirt is huge on my waist (we're talking 3-4 extra inches of fabric). I was able to avoid (even IGNORE) the rolls and peanuts at a steakhouse (they used to be one of the "best" parts of going there) yesterday by telling myself that it was poisoned and not worth the harm.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

lars1000 is offline Member

Just got a comment from a colleague a moment ago: "Man you're looking thin". About 4 months ago I was puffy like Vince Vaughn.

another recent triumph at the expense of my pocketbook was the three pairs of jeans I bought 3 weeks ago are already getting too big.

coach81 is offline Senior Member

Dropped 5 lbs in one week... not bad...

RavunJM is offline Junior Member

Almost 2 months in...and heres my positives:

1: No more painful gut issues that kept me couch ridden after dinner.

2: No more waking up 1-2 times a night to gobble down 2-3 Tums to calm my heartburn, and ridding myself of that travel canister i carried at all times.

3: Dropping 15 pounds already. I wear suits on a regular basis and was to the point that i couldn't button up my suit jacket on my fat fat suits (yes i was on my second set up fat suits, the previous fat suit had become to small). They are now baggy again, and i can pull the pants off with out unzipping or unbuttoning. ECSTATIC about that!!!!!!

4: Running around like a banshee with my 2 year old boy (see my facebook page for photos of the cute little bugger) and not feeling winded at all.

Sure there are more that i am not thinking about now!

JAYTEEWHY is offline Senior Member

well there have been so many little victories along the last 3 months since I have implemented the primal priciples . but this weeks acheivement has still got me grinning .

in 3 months time I have now dropped 52 lbs and 6 inches around the waist .

at thanksgiving I was at my heaviest ever 330lbs . started just cutting back for a month and only got to 327.

about mid week of the first week of Jan I decided to go primal and I cannot believe my results.

my energy levels are through the roof , I sleep through the night , and I can now do a few sprints now and then where before anything but a slow walk would get me winded .

still have a long way to go though

"Misfortune
    can force you into doing things you should be doing anyway. Lessons
    come from adversity. Anything can happen to anyone... You can find a
    new lease on life - more meaning than you thought possible in simple
    things... Let go. Live in the moment. Go forward". Christopher Reeve

Page 10 of 189 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast