Thread: Hello, only me. page

Savage_ is offline Junior Member

Hello, only me.

Shop Now
    Hello,

Just thought I would introduce myself after doing hours of reading and feeling rather nosey looking around the forums for ages not saying anything!

My name is Joe and I currently live in the South of the UK, work as a self employed Gardener and am going back to university in September.

I have a keen intrest in fitness, health and wellbeing and have been drawn to the Primal way of life due to its simplicity and the satisfaction it can provide knowing your getting the most out of what you've got!

In 2006 I completed a successful 6month course of Chemotherapy treatment for Lymphoma cancer and have been on a mission to get back to optimum health. In the 5 or so years since finishing treatment I have re-gained alot of muscle mass that was lost and also dropped my bodyfat percentage to the low teens.

I have only recently gone primal but hope to fully adapt this lifestyle and gain lean muscle whilst still reducing bodyfat.

Anyway, thats me and my goals!

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome,

if you haven't already,read The Primal Blueprint and Good Calories Bad Calories (Gary Taubes) to help you on your journey.
    Well done and good luck.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Getting your body clean of non-primal foods will be the best medicine to insure continued good health. Good luck.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Savage_ is offline Junior Member
    Thankyou, I have just finished reading the Primal blueprint and will no doubt be constantly reffering back to it if any questions arise ill have a look out for 'good calories, bad calories'!

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage_ View Post
    Thankyou, I have just finished reading the Primal blueprint and will no doubt be constantly reffering back to it if any questions arise ill have a look out for 'good calories, bad calories'!
    I love Gary Taubes's GCBC, but his second book is much easier, less dense read, and has the relevant information:Why We Get Fat. As a young man you will get the benefits faster than most. Stick to meat, veg, and a little fruit, avoid the manmade junk, and soon you'll be an Apollo.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Ross123456 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hello, welcome............