Thread: Which type of olive oils to use for cooking? page

Zedefone is offline Member

Which type of olive oils to use for cooking?

Primal Fuel
    I've finish reading this blog post of Mark's regarding olive oils:Is All Olive Oil Created Equal? | Mark's Daily Apple

I think it basically says that extra virgin olive oils are the best and the others 'not-so-good'? And it also mentions that extra virgin olive oils should not be used for cooking. But the articles didn't mention which type of olive oils to go for when used to cook.

So what if i want to buy a olive oil used for cooking? (Mainly Roasting) Which kind of olive oils should i get?

Thanks alot in advance.

BeBe is offline Junior Member
    I usually use regular olive oil to cook, extra virgin olive oil is good for the sauces but not for frying on it.

live tv
    watch tv online

croí is offline Senior Member
    When cooking, try to go for Coconut Oil. EVOO is usually for salad dressing, and extra flavor on veggies.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    When cooking, try to go for Coconut Oil. EVOO is usually for salad dressing, and extra flavor on veggies.
    Agreed. Heat does bad things to olive oil. Use it unheated for its flavor and MUFAs.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.